• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What would you do???

I would try to keep them as original as well. There must be someone who can cut custom lens but you just need to ask around. I am sure someone on the forums will be able to help you out.

I would (an will at some point soon) do a Matt blk cerakote frame with IH lenses. Very classy look :)

I actually want to do a OD green frame with black rubber and BIP lenses....That would look awesome!!!!

That said I just got off the phone with Oakley Australia and they will do a tune up for $55 AUD which equates to about $45 USD and as part of the tune up they replace all the rubbers including ear socks etc. That's a good deal I think.

I've also managed to track down a bunch of available lenses. I can get my hands on
-Black Iridium
-Black Iridium Polar
-Ice Iridium
-Ice Iridium Polar
-Fire Iridium
-Fire Iridium Polar
-Tungsten
& G30 (I think) too

Price are about $82 USD to non Polar and about $114 USD for Polar. No Ruby or Emerald available though so will have to pick from the list above. Thinking about Ice Iridium Polar at the moment

I actually want to do a OD green frame with black rubber and BIP lenses....That would look awesome!!!!

That said I just got off the phone with Oakley Australia and they will do a tune up for $55 AUD which equates to about $45 USD and as part of the tune up they replace all the rubbers including ear socks etc. That's a good deal I think.

I've also managed to track down a bunch of available lenses. I can get my hands on
-Black Iridium
-Black Iridium Polar
-Ice Iridium
-Ice Iridium Polar
-Fire Iridium
-Fire Iridium Polar
-Tungsten
& G30 (I think) too

Price are about $82 USD to non Polar and about $114 USD for Polar. No Ruby or Emerald available though so will have to pick from the list above. Thinking about Ice Iridium Polar at the moment
Love Ice Iridium Polar... Currently in 2 pairs of my Juliets. If sending to Oakley for a tune up I recommend you remove the orbital and the earstem screws and pull off all the rubber. Might as well have some replacement parts ;)

I love G30 but while it works fine here in the UK, it probably transmits too much light for Oz. Ice polar is a good shout.

Yeh I already have a couple of different pairs with Fire Iridium and only one with Ice Iridium at the moment and as mentioned ealier Plasma/Ice was a factory colorway too. Seen as they're available though I might grab a few different pairs of lenses while I can so that I have spares for future projects or that I can replace due to use.

having thought about it now though think I will have to track done a couple of bare Juliet frames for projects, I want to do an IH clone (but my own version) and the OD green/black version too......:headbang:

Fire and Ice are completely different from the wearer's perspective - one's contrast base tint (fire) while the other's (Ice) neutral.

I say pick a lens that fills an open niche in your collection and run with it; anything will go with plasma...

Here's a relatively juvenile and out-of-date yet still accurate post on how I think lens choices should be evaluated:

Neutral Or Contrast Lens | Page 2 | Oakley Forum

Fire and Ice are completely different from the wearer's perspective - one's contrast base tint (fire) while the other's (Ice) neutral.

I say pick a lens that fills an open niche in your collection and run with it; anything will go with plasma...

Here's a relatively juvenile and out-of-date yet still accurate post on how I think lens choices should be evaluated:

Neutral Or Contrast Lens | Page 2 | Oakley Forum

Thanks for the link

Absolutely and I already have both for comparison (JFL with Ice Iridium and motogp fives squared and jupiter squared with Fire Iridium) and so if for some reason I NEED a neutral or contrasting tint I do have options. Both are good options and look good in the Juliet frame. If it was an X-metal frame (which I actually prefer) i would be going more for the FIP or BIP.

Thanks for the link

Absolutely and I already have both for comparison (JFL with Ice Iridium and motogp fives squared and jupiter squared with Fire Iridium) and so if for some reason I NEED a neutral or contrasting tint I do have options. Both are good options and look good in the Juliet frame. If it was an X-metal frame (which I actually prefer) i would be going more for the FIP or BIP.

You got any "rainy day" lenses / pairs?

Latest Posts

Back