• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's more important...Frames or Lenses?

When I read the "two most valuable pieces of equipment" line, I just thought the resultant gag was sadly lacking from the thread.

If only I knew at the time that there would be 'Q.I.' style klaxxons going off on the Forum after I'd said it . . . .

Hahaha - am I really getting that predictable?

When I read the "two most valuable pieces of equipment" line, I just thought the resultant gag was sadly lacking from the thread.

If only I knew at the time that there would be 'Q.I.' style klaxxons going off on the Forum after I'd said it . . . .

Hahaha - am I really getting that predictable?

I was waiting for someone to pick up on what i had put & i must say it was NO big suprise when it turned out to be you Herb's. Your posts still make me laugh & long may it continue. If you ever go standup i want a ticket to your opening gig ok.....................:cool:

If you ever go standup i want a ticket to your opening gig ok.....................:cool:

I WAS just about to say "I get it for free every night" but fear that may result in a whole host of more cr@p gags . . . . So I won't . . . .

:wink:

I buy Oakley's for their lenses. Frames are important and they spice things up, but their amazing lenses is what got me drawn to them in the first place. Their description intrigued me, and the process was insane to hear! Group that with ANSI Z87.1 standards and you have a winner. I'm really particular when it comes to the lenses too. I use them for function over looks. I prefer contrast over grey base, and usually go with the Bronze, vr28 and G lenses. The new 00 Lenses are great as well.

The frame is important to me when it comes to style, like others have said :smile:. However, due to my Asian profile, frames are even more important with fit. My general rule is: No touching the eyebrow, cheeks or eyelashes. If I get a check on at least 2/3, I'm good. The frame keeps your pair interesting, but the lenses are what really draws me in!

My absolute favorite lenses include (All Polarized Too): Tungsten, Vr28 BI, 00 Black, Bronze, and the Non Polarized Warm Grey.

I buy Oakley's for their lenses. Frames are important and they spice things up, but their amazing lenses is what got me drawn to them in the first place. Their description intrigued me, and the process was insane to hear! Group that with ANSI Z87.1 standards and you have a winner....

Totally agree with you there xInZax! There are quite a few other really nice looking frames out there from other brands on the market, but when it comes to lenses, Oakley is in a world of its own!! When I walk into a store, I don't even bother taking a look at other brands now!

I dont think Oakley makes the best lenses Costa Del Mar 580G have better clarity to me and cause less eye fatigue over a whole days use and less rear reflection. I like the variety of Oakley tints and the darkness of the Black Iridium. Style too in the choices available far better. In my case frame determines my choice the most (for fit) that is not style.

Back