• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's On Your Plate???

I thought your dad cooked all that stuff. That's what you said before.
It depends...

Like today, he's already got the grill going...

Dad is 66 years old and hasn't worked since October of last year...he's just relaxing right now until @ March...

So today, I get here at 1pm and he's already geeked up on the grill...

When he works out of town, my brother or I fire up the grill...

IMG_2965.JPG

Decided to have some Smashburger while out. Damn... That baja burger thingy is delicious and slightly spicy.
The BBQ Bacon burger isn't too bad.

772642a2dccc83b8a1e71a7c0a312d67.jpg

7ba338f122556e5492cd197007290c29.jpg

3ea5975f93ae2b946b4e451d00985a83.jpg

c8111239f8dc90a176ccc44ca7616296.jpg

bebbac60452e5e38c0dbaa6c8c012f01.jpg

Sent from Q's Note5

There's a smashburger by where I shop for groceries. A few weeks ago I ate there, just had their standard cheeseburger. Yeah, it was decent, my only real complain was they put ketchup on it.

There's a smashburger by where I shop for groceries. A few weeks ago I ate there, just had their standard cheeseburger. Yeah, it was decent, my only real complain was they put ketchup on it.
Ewwww. I typically try not to get the standard. The BBQ burger had barbecue sauce, it was alright, didn't remind me of ketchup. No ketchup on the Baja.

I ate at one a while back, but I wasn't that impressed, but a BOGO coupon made it better. I just realized that I just have to try different things and get the big sized burger.

Sent from Q's Note5

It depends...

Like today, he's already got the grill going...

Dad is 66 years old and hasn't worked since October of last year...he's just relaxing right now until @ March...

So today, I get here at 1pm and he's already geeked up on the grill...

When he works out of town, my brother or I fire up the grill...

View attachment 312002

If what you're trying to say is your dad is old so y'all need to help sometime, I know what you mean. My mom is 77 and she's the one who used to do the cooking when I was a kid. But at her age she stopped wanting to put in the effort and was eating mostly heat-and-eat garbage. Then she had hip replacement surgery last year and, with extra weight being a hindrance during recovery, I didn't want her eating a bunch of crap so I started cooking her some dinners. What I'll do is, on Tuesdays and Thursdays I'll cook her two meals each so that also covers her dinners on Wed & Fri. Simple, fresh, and healthy.

But The Kids like kid-friendly meals and The Wife and I are doing plated three nights a week, so including Mom's meals on those nights I find myself cooking three different meals totaling six portions; it can be a bit challenging getting it all done in a timely manner. Then doing the dishes afterwards. But it's been going on for like 10 months now.

If what you're trying to say is your dad is old so y'all need to help sometime, I know what you mean. My mom is 77 and she's the one who used to do the cooking when I was a kid. But at her age she stopped wanting to put in the effort and was eating mostly heat-and-eat garbage. Then she had hip replacement surgery last year and, with extra weight being a hindrance during recovery, I didn't want her eating a bunch of crap so I started cooking her some dinners. What I'll do is, on Tuesdays and Thursdays I'll cook her two meals each so that also covers her dinners on Wed & Fri. Simple, fresh, and healthy.

But The Kids like kid-friendly meals and The Wife and I are doing plated three nights a week, so including Mom's meals on those nights I find myself cooking three different meals totaling six portions; it can be a bit challenging getting it all done in a timely manner. Then doing the dishes afterwards. But it's been going on for like 10 months now.
Yes he's old, but his age doesn't keep him from cooking lol

The Gazebo is at his house, so when he feels like it, he'll fire up the grill and then hit HEB for some meet (and beer) before everyone gets there...

I live 21 miles from my dad's house and my brother lives 28 miles from his house so he likes to get it started early sometimes...

Today, he started super early - food was already cooked by the time I got there at 1...

Usually at 1, the pit hasn't even been lit hahaha !!!

Back