• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's On Your Plate???

2 purposes

1. It's a binder for the spices
2. Tastes good AF

I know what it’s used for, but I rarely see it used on brisket. I’ve smoke tons of 10/10 briskets and have never used it.

I’m not sure you can really taste it after smoking. I’ve never been able to

I know what it’s used for, but I rarely see it used on brisket. I’ve smoke tons of 10/10 briskets and have never used it.

I’m not sure you can really taste it after smoking. I’ve never been able to
Everybody has their own flavor profile

Next time, I'm doing Worcester sauce and mustard 🤘🏼😏

20200919_085306.jpg

Why use mustard? Not really necessary. I only ever use mustard on pork ribs.
English mustard is used on beef much more than on pork this side of the pond. It’s a pretty robust flavour, I reckon it’d hold its own well against smoke. Personally I don’t like it, and prefer milder mustards in things like mustard mayo and remoulade.

Have done mustard on ribs before into the smoker - some say it holds the rub better. It had no different taste then the ones i did the same time without the mustard, but maybe made it a tad bit spicer.

The bottom loaves are from Costco. The top loaf is from the supermarket nearby, and it costs more when at regular price. On sale its close to same price, but, big size difference. FYI in case you didn't know.

IMG_7850.jpeg

Back