• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's the best discount %

dave m

Oakley Enthusiast
What's the best deal any of you have managed to get in store on a current non sale model off a sales person?
I've managed to get 25% off in an o store off current models so was hopeful when i visited the same store in Jan,I worked out a pair of custom radars (we don't have the ability to do that local to me) and it was a fair bit of cash so I was asking what discount they could give or would be wiling to throw in if i bought them and she wouldn't even enter into the discussion with me. Which made me :sad: I rather like haggling when i buy stuff!
cheers
Dave

In my opinion if you got a discount you are lucky. I know they are a large corporation and the sell a lot of stuff but they do not have to give a discount in order to sell the items they have. Oakley can, for the most part, sell what the want for the price the want to sell it at. It's the basic laws of supply and demand. They figure out what people are willing to pay for an item and can stick to it as long as people are buying it at that price.

I know couple different people who hook me up on new stuff 25 to 35% at least 15% most of the time but on older stuff have to pay what they sell it for sometimes if its good

Oakley is a corporate company, not a Trader's Village. Most employees won't even discuss it with you because they aren't capable of giving more than a 10% discount for display pairs. Personally I'd be pissed if you came into my store, had me build you a pair then ask for a discount. That's what online retailers and Ebay are for.

If you get 50% off either you did the BOGO deal at the Vault or are getting hooked up with an employee discount.

Oakley is a corporate company, not a Trader's Village. Most employees won't even discuss it with you because they aren't capable of giving more than a 10% discount for display pairs. Personally I'd be pissed if you came into my store, had me build you a pair then ask for a discount. That's what online retailers and Ebay are for.

If you get 50% off either you did the BOGO deal at the Vault or are getting hooked up with an employee discount.

I'm with you all the way on this one.

Latest Posts

Back