• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's the best discount %

Im actually not interested in arguing why the pricing is what it is, I'm simply interested from a business standpoint what markup actually is.

In my novice understanding; this is what I know; and separately what I estimate;
a PB 2 Rootbeer retails for $600 (%100 retail)
I personally bought a PB2 from BackCountry.com for $240 total (%60 discount)
My guess is Oakley generates the product and covers minimums at %10, another words they look at a PB2 as costing them $60, even if it is only $6 in material
BackCountry buys the PB@ from Oakley in quantity along with commitment to buy other products in quantity as a authorized reseller at my guess would either $90 (15%)or possibly $120(20%) per unit PB2
in this case a PB2 via BackCountry.com at $240 would gross about %20 of its retail value for the reseller or $120, perhaps up to $150
Of course a PB2 Rootbeer isn't in high demand for whatever reason, most likely color combo popularity, so with other products resellers are hoping to discount as little as possible and make more gross revenue.
Like I mentioned I'm not looking to ask why is it so much, but rather what the numbers/percentages actually are...

With these guess-timate numbers I can easily see how employees and management could get %70-%80 off on a variety of products(not limited edition), direct from Oakley corporate
as that would leave %10 to %20 markup above the initial %10 cost to generate.

Thats my best guess, but a knowledgeable business person would certainly know better. If anyone has the time or interest to correct my guesses I'd be happy to be educated. I just find it interesting.

Your numbers are not far off the from the retail & wholesale pricing that i know of

Back