• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
no,it isn't about polarization,it is about base lens,I suppose grey lens is good transmittance than other color. do you get it.and accoding to color,the grey polarization lens is better then other color lens,i don't compare the iridium lens and polarization.

Well, you said "other color base lens will reduce effect of polarization" and that is not true - the polarization effect is the same regardless of base tint, and those docs do nothing to prove otherwise. It appears you don't understand how polarization actually works. Why don't you try explaining polarization to prove that you do, in case I'm wrong and you actually do.

And saying you don't compare iridium and polarization, you twice made the statement that they do the same thing, don't need both:
"but i think we do't need to buy polarized lens with iridium coating.because their function is similar"
"real???they are both use in anti-harsh glare.so could tell me what is their function.they are difference?/"

Polarization and iridium are completely different techs that affect glare in completely different ways. They are not redundant; they are complementary.

And then there's the new Prizm line, which can fine-tune which specific light wavelengths are blocked to provide better contrast in specific applications. Grey is a good neutral base, but what they can do with Prizm is amazing, compared to other contrast bases. Are you familiar with the new Prizm line?

Really, I don't care whether or not you accept this information; I have no desire to force Knowledge on the unwilling. And we always welcome new forum members looking to contribute.

But I do feel I owe an obligation to this forum and those who use it for research to call out and correct bad info, to prevent others from being misled.

Well, you said "other color base lens will reduce effect of polarization" and that is not true - the polarization effect is the same regardless of base tint, and those docs do nothing to prove otherwise. It appears you don't understand how polarization actually works. Why don't you try explaining polarization to prove that you do, in case I'm wrong and you actually do.

And saying you don't compare iridium and polarization, you twice made the statement that they do the same thing, don't need both:
"but i think we do't need to buy polarized lens with iridium coating.because their function is similar"
"real???they are both use in anti-harsh glare.so could tell me what is their function.they are difference?/"

Polarization and iridium are completely different techs that affect glare in completely different ways. They are not redundant; they are complementary.

And then there's the new Prizm line, which can fine-tune which specific light wavelengths are blocked to provide better contrast in specific applications. Grey is a good neutral base, but what they can do with Prizm is amazing, compared to other contrast bases. Are you familiar with the new Prizm line?

Really, I don't care whether or not you accept this information; I have no desire to force Knowledge on the unwilling. And we always welcome new forum members looking to contribute.

But I do feel I owe an obligation to this forum and those who use it for research to call out and correct bad info, to prevent others from being misled.

aha,sorry,,I can't explain my meaning in English.and i know the difference between iridium lens and polarization .but the effect of them is both for cut off harsh glare by using difference way.I know how to produce polariod lens and how to coating.

aha,sorry,,I can't explain my meaning in English.and i know the difference between iridium lens and polarization .but the effect of them is both for cut off harsh glare by using difference way.I know how to produce polariod lens and how to coating.

Then you should know that, as I said before, they are not redundant, they are complementary, right? They may both reduce glare, but they don't both reduce the same glare...

Back