• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Whats The Difference????

Oakley_Sight

Gotta love a good DOG
After much research & trolling around the web i've ordered my first pair of X-matal. Juliet's, plasma frames with Emerald iridium lens.
The SKU number was 04-114.
The site also had the same frame & lens with the SKU number 04-150.

When i've checked on the O-review the only difference between the models is that 04-115 production year is 1999 & 04-150 is 2009 but also has the hydropholic coating on them.

These have just been delivered to me & I have noticed what I would have to call an excessive amount of flex on the bridge for a new pair compared to ones I have tried on in shops previous. These look like they will be going back & another set being issued to replace them.

Can anyone help in confirming what the difference between the two SKU numbers is.

thats the only difference... the SKU # changed when they introduced the Hydrophobic lens

it applies to Juliets and XX

as for the amount of flex... its like a lucky draw really... some are stiffer than others fresh out of the factory.
not sure how much flex is there in yours... as long as it doesn't flop around when picked up by the ear stems, it should be ok.
Some feels softer (or springier) while others feel stiffer (hardly any flex).

thats the only difference... the SKU # changed when they introduced the Hydrophobic lens

it applies to Juliets and XX

as for the amount of flex... its like a lucky draw really... some are stiffer than others fresh out of the factory.
not sure how much flex is there in yours... as long as it doesn't flop around when picked up by the ear stems, it should be ok.
Some feels softer (or springier) while others feel stiffer (hardly any flex).

I've got model number 04-115 as i couldn't see the point in another £34 for the coating.

With regards to the flex, they do flop around when held with the arms & there is also back & forth movement too. I have contacted the retailer & I am returning them for exchange with a covering leeter explaining why. Hopefully by next week i'll have the replacements & it will all be hunky dorey.....

for collectors, the older SKUs tend to be worth more... as they are perceived as earlier generation original and not a rehash...

sorry to hear that it flops around... yeah, u ought to get a replacement... and make sure its the same SKU (if it matters to u).

for collectors, the older SKUs tend to be worth more... as they are perceived as earlier generation original and not a rehash...

sorry to hear that it flops around... yeah, u ought to get a replacement... and make sure its the same SKU (if it matters to u).

Thanks for the help & info BriP & S-works, & notice no dog pic's today either for you S-works..............................hehehehehe

no problems, hope they give you one with a good flex coupler. its well worth being anal about these things when you buy NEW, because then it'll last longer before you have to pay $55+ for the tuneup. if you buy second hand then just suck it up and use it till it wont go anymore =)

Back