• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I was always an Oakley fan.....Now the R1 and XX fit me perfectly as I'm old and fatter! The Juliets look like Pennys on my face.

Always looking for more custom cut lenses to add to my collection!

That sounds like me as well.

lithiumus said:
I was always an Oakley fan.....Now the R1 and XX fit me perfectly as I'm old and fatter! The Juliets look like Pennys on my face.

And me that's why I sold my polished penny's my daughter said they make my face look fatter!!! And so I bought xx metal too !!

Very recently, I purchased my first pair of X-Metals (XX).

For me it was curiosity about the level of respect and the loyal following that this series commands from the folks on the forum. I wanted to know what that was all about.

I'll admit that, if funds allowed, I'd be on the hunt for an R1 & an R2 as well.

So, what drew you to the X-Metal line? What continues to fuel your interest (addiction)?
Bought my first x metal in 2000. It was a juilet x metal/bronze lense and I've never been interested in anything else. Bought an o matter frame the other week but it paled in comparison so I returned it.

X-MEN

Where to Buy Cyclops’ Sunglasses: James Marsden in X-Men

5817704_f520.jpg
5817702_f520.jpg

So many cool stories in this thread but one small point I want to add is, I started collecting Oakley Sunnies just about a 18 months ago with RadarLocks & Antix & StraightJacket & Fast Jacket frames but when i got my hands on an X Metal it just changed how i look at everything Sunglass related. The X Metals are so substantial, they feel like they will last DECADES or even a lifetime. I still wear some of the Lifestyle frames but ultimately they come off feeling plasticy, not because they are bad or cheap, they still have cool designs but for the most part its molded plastic and I can picture hundreds/thousands of them being mass produced. The X Metal design & material just doesn't feel consumer-y or mass produced, it feels essential and personal. If you ever see a broken x metal it feels sad or frustrating but a broken Lifestyle frame just looks like a small heap of plastic to be tossed out. Since then I've been slowly selling off my plastic Oakleys and just keeping a few and putting my resources into X Metals

Back