• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What’s the logic in selling this way?

Seller at $100: "Oh wow, I have so many bids. Did I undervalue the product?"
*Cancelled and re-listed*

Seller at $125: "I am still getting sufficient bids. This product is surely desirable. I am sure I can get more profit from this"

Seller at $150: "I have a couple of bids even at this price. I'm sure there'll be people willing to pay more"

Seller at $200: "Let's wait"

That should explain.

I've seen sellers that have multiples of one item do something similar. They'll sell a bunch at one price, then as the quantity of what they're selling goes down, they start raising the price.
I get that, but that is usually lower price items. This wasn’t the case for the Mars though, because I looked at his profile and saw he cancelled each time.

Seller at $100: "Oh wow, I have so many bids. Did I undervalue the product?"

Seller at $125: "I am still getting sufficient bids. This product is surely desirable. I am sure I can get more profit from this"

Seller at $150: "I have a couple of bids even at this price. I'm sure there'll be people willing to pay more"

Seller at $200: "Let's wait"

That should explain.
I think that is bad business and a way to lose future buyers who won’t trust you. Why not just do what most normal people do. Start out a little on the high side and go down from there instead of canceling orders where people have to wait a couple days to get it taken off your credit card.

I think that is bad business and a way to lose future buyers who won’t trust you. Why not just do what most normal people do. Start out a little on the high side and go down from there instead of canceling orders where people have to wait a couple days to get it taken off your credit card.
Guy legit sounds like an idiot...

889A35B7-5D69-44E9-A0FA-3CB4DF3A17AB.png

Guy was selling some 24k XXs in what looked to be near mint. Sold for a grand then up and cancelled.

The problem is that "Stupid" people think they are "clever" people! I actively avoid dealing with them as much as possible even if it's a bargain. Facebook market ads now are listing for reasonable prices but when you enquire you get told "I've got better offers than what I've asked for so tell me yours and I'll take the best one in 3 days" it's all the same ****. People are trying to use the ebay model to get the maximum price without paying anything in return. The amount of hours I've wasted dealing with people who ask me questions and I do research for so I can offer them a fair price just to have them ghost me and ebay it for hundreds more really makes me want to kill them😁

Back