• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's the 'Odd Man Out' in your collection?

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
Is it one O-Matter in a sea of X-Metals? A women's pair in an otherwise testosterone dominated case? A white frame afloat in a sea of Standard Issue matte black?

Which one of your things is not like the others?
people.jpg

Do you hide it away, or put it out with all the rest of your stuff? Why do you have it, and what makes you keep it?

Since my collection is small and functional, my odd man out is my old pair of Rx frames. Its the only pair of non Oakley glasses in my house. I've got a TiO2 XX, Transistor Rx frame, Ballistic M Frame 3.0 for safety glasses, and my wife's pair of Warm Ups.

Then this random "Octo" brand Rx frame I got from Walmart a few years ago... Its the ugly duckling for sure.

My Split Jacket is my odd man out. It rarely gets worn... I don't really suit them.

I keep it because I am too lazy to part with it. Also, it serves as a reminder that I needed to be more selective about the pieces that I get.

Last edited:
My entire collection is made of X-Metals but.......I still have my 1st pair of Oakleys which are a Dark/BIP Sq. Wire 2.0 Spring Hinge and YES it is displayed proud.

My two bottle rockets, one BIP and the other shallow blue polar. I wanted a neutral and a contrast for high-risk-to-Oaks activities (i.e. yardwork, beach) and those were the cheapest polarized pairs I could find. But otherwise not really my cup of tea.

If you look at my collection you notice two themes; Big and Functional. Sure, I have a few wires, even an E-Wire that's probably a bit small, but they have surprisingly good coverage for their size.

So among my collection of M Frames in Strike, Heater, and Slash, my Radarlocks in Pitch and XL, my Eyeshades, my Tens, my Crosshairs, there sits a lonely little pair.

Four S.

They are tiny, and very flat. But man the lenses in them are beautiful.
476B485C-D2A0-4D49-88DF-E51B0CD69183_zpsqvjdl85n.jpg

And the coverage doesn't have gaps, so much as chasms
A3A6E84B-307D-44B5-89C5-6C9D60935D93_zps1yek2kvs.jpg

Everything I have is not like anything I wear.......I buy everything I can and wear nothing but 2.....everything but my 2 are the odd ones out.....or is it the other way around?
I keep them because I'm caaaaraaaaaaaazy :crazypilot:

Back