• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Whats up with all the Brazil Fakes?

Typically, i dont see real or fake x metals in the marketplace in upstate SC...the times they are a changing. $60 sounded entirely too good to be true. i couldnt make out the rivets or screws, but the case gave it away when i saw this uber fake set on ebay..

2019 X-Metal Juliet Cyclops Sunglasses Ruby Polarized Lenses TITANIUM Goggles | eBay

Screenshot_20190315-200006.jpg

Screenshot_20190315-200025.jpg

Screenshot_20190315-200039.jpg

Screenshot_20190315-200326.jpg

I mean, damn, the fakes are getting better.

Screenshot_20190315-201710.jpg

Last edited:
yup. had me for a moment. until i saw the etch looked at the rivet screws, the way the arms laid, and took my XX off and realized the dumbasses copied the xx shape for a juliet. i like it better, but thats beside the point. also, the O on the ends of the arms is too thin.

They’re not necessarily fakes... maybe just extreme customs...
You are right with the customs. I know some sellers down there were taking old pairs and restoring and assembling them into new pairs. Even creating custom Ti02 combos. Legit parts. Lenses on the other hand, could be another story. LOL.

I'm not even a fan of aftermarket lenses as the lenses were why I bought Oakleys in the first place (although I do occasionally Speed Test use them if I must) Oakley have taken sunglasses way beyond where sunglasses were in the 60's & 70's & have a cult following so have become more of a fashion accessory to some people rather than shades.

Last edited:
Back