• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Whats up with all the Brazil Fakes?

I live in Brazil and I know there is a lot of fakes for sale here.
The main reason, talking about X Metals, is because the now famous Funk singers always use Oakley X Metals, specially Juliet’s, Medusas and some other rare products.
I don’t know any fake factory here, they are all coming from China and since US$ are very expensive here the young fans of these “celebrities” expend their hard worked money on cheap, grotesque fakes...
I don’t like these fashionism, I collect Oakley’s since before this all and now, when I use my XX, there is always somebody that says “Nice Juliets”

I don't really understand the concept of fakes or the people who wear them. I'm not even a fan of aftermarket lenses as the lenses were why I bought Oakleys in the first place (although I do occasionally use them if I must) Oakley have taken sunglasses way beyond where sunglasses were in the 60's & 70's & have a cult following so have become more of a fashion accessory to some people rather than shades.

i can understand the draw to the oakley style but dang it pains me when people spend their money on a fake. which keeps the fake biz going. fakes dont have the same safety so it could be potentially damaging as well.

We have been in Spain for the last few weeks the lookylooky men have barrowloads of fake sunglasses for 5 euros a pair I wouldn't touch am with a barge pole

Back