• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's wrong with the Jurys?

O-Matters

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys

Today i received a pair of brand new Oakley Jurys in Distressed Silver/Black Iridium Polarized, which i bought for a really good price. Since these glasses are often called a design flaw or oakley's biggest fail in recent time i was prepared for some really ugly and uncomfortable shades with poor built quality. But god damn...the opposite is true. It's my 11th pair of Oakley sunglasses and the Jury is probably my new favourite in terms of comfort and looks. Yeah they're kind of heavy but i like that solid feel. Because of the O Matter Inlays in the earstems they're flexy and don't hurt at the area above my ears, which is a huge problem when i'm wearing my Juliets or some Eye Jackets. And about the looks...you can't dismiss the design of the Jury and like the Fuel Cell (which are extremely popular in contrast to the Jury) at the same time.

So in contrast to the bad sales and negative reviews the oakley Jurys are in my opinion one of the best outputs Oakley offered in the last years and i demand some love for these O-luminum shades. :wink: Grab one while you still can (i heard they're already out of production)

I have two pairs and they both get some regular head time. I agree with you O-Matters, these are definitely underdogs. There is a sweet looking polished pair for sale on these forums right now, good price too.

I love me some Jurys. When they are discontinued, that is when everyone will want them. I will pick up another pair or two in the future.

Theyre discontinued now. The "flaw" was the O-Matter hinge within the aluminum earstem. They had lots of problems of the hinge breaking. Later produced pairs included a small metal screw within the o matter hinge, but poor overall sales and design complications saw this frame to an early discontinuation. Pairs are on sale now, polarized is like $180ish, and non polarized is like $120/130 ish.

Wish the nose pieces were bigger. They don't fit me well :sad:. I really like them due to their subtle looks. I wanted one when they first came out, but they touched my cheeks and my eyebrows pretty badly. Oh well!

I have had all the juries color ways and let me tell you that are among the most comfortable shades I have own, I still have two and I get to wear them every now and then, usually when I wear a long sleeve shirt or leather jackets, actually that's what I love about them, they can be combined with almost any outfit and all year round

I thought they were just doing away with certain color ways. Since they haven't been moved to the Last Chance page on the web ( like MOTO GP Fuel Cells and Tens), I didn't think they were discontinued yet.

I thought they were just doing away with certain color ways. Since they haven't been moved to the Last Chance page on the web ( like MOTO GP Fuel Cells and Tens), I didn't think they were discontinued yet.
i tried ordering those fuel cell's but noticed they were sold out or something...:(

Back