• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's your great white whale/ Grail?

Someone owns it and there was only 2 pair ever made.......Solid 18k gold......
ad09b7b6-2abf-93d2.jpg
ad09b7b6-2ac7-4a09.jpg

Wow, now THAT is ELITE.

i'm with a couple people on here, i don't really have one white whale. everything on my list i want equally as bad, and i would consider them all rare finds in mint condition with boxes. everytime i find one that i'm happy with, i feel like i found a white whale. i'd like to have a nib leather jordan mars and a nib serial plasma/fire romeo 1 to match up with my 24k juliet eventually. those are just a matter of money though, they still seem to show up on the bay periodically, i'll get to those way later. i feel like the omatter stuff on my list is harder to find for whatever reason. anybody got nib 1st gen straight jacket's or fmj twenty's? lol.

Wow, now THAT is ELITE.

Quite simply, and without question, of all the glasses Oakley have ever made, this is the VERY TOP NUMBER 1 ITEM, it is the most valuable bar none, only 2 exist, and if I could choose any 1 pair to add to my collection this would be it, and if you challenge with other summit pieces like Livestrong C Six, Copper Romeo, Carbon C Six, Super Sports Pro M Frame, a handful of cream Frogskins, and perhaps a small number of others, then the fight is already lost, the Lance Armstrong Gold M Frame is without parallel, peerless, on it's own, there is no other sunglass that can hold a candle to it. The only pair available sold for $19200 in August 2007. This is the true God of Oakley eyewear.

What is the piece you covet the most Ans would give up a great deal for? Mine would have to be the Gen 1 m frame in clear with blue iridium. When I think of Oakley this is what I think of and remember. It is something I will probably never find and if I do will most likely be unreachable.
4257607e-383b-dc8b.jpg

I had the exact same pair and I cracked them right at the bridge/arm junction. I kept the arms for years until I figured I was SOL and *cough* threw them away.... Please forgive me for that injustice.

Regretted it for a long time.

Would love to get my hands on another pair as well, good pick!

Back