• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's your Reason??

Soulfulfrog

みんなに優しく
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Georgetown, ON.
I think most collectors would agree that frogskins are definitely an iconic pair which has lasted throughout the years. Sought after by many and craved by most. Be it rare, standard or custom there are frogskins for any and every occasion. I think this is why I've fallen for the frame. Speaking with some avid x-metal collectors some keep a few frogs hiding in their giant collections. Yes even x-metal lovers would still pop on a pair of frogs once and a while. o_O

The reason for this thread is to find out how or why you all have collected these incredible frames. What got you hooked?

Take some time and post why you like skins and how perhaps you started to collect them. I'd really like to hear from many of you.

I can't wait to start reading stories here.

My personal reason is that the frame fits me well and I find the variety simply amazing. No other frames produced by any large optical companies even come close to the number of froggies out there. I know some feel Oakley has killed the style over time but I disagree. An example are the Mash 10. Wow sold out in only like 12 hours hmm perhaps it's a good sign they will stick around for a long while.

Thanks in advance skin fans and perhaps you closet frog fans. :);)

SoulfulFrog

I started with frogs, crystal clear, Black rain, and matt clear, back in the late 80's and 90's. that's when I fell in love with Oakley.

Then every where I went I looked for more Oakley stuff, and more, and more!

I started with frogs, crystal clear, Black rain, and matt clear, back in the late 80's and 90's. that's when I fell in love with Oakley.

Then every where I went I looked for more Oakley stuff, and more, and more!
Excellent. Do you still buy frogs o a regular basis?

I actually don't where them anymore but I still have a couple in my collection that I enjoy looking at. When I first saw the Juliet I became a BIG Juliet fan I wear those all the time. ;)

But I will always love the frogs

I like frogs since it suits me well (at least that is what i feel lol), it is comfortable and relatively cheap except for the high end ones.. it has an array of colors you can choose from and is a friendly frame to custom too...

The classy shape makes it good both for casual and even to some formal, very versatile...

I forgot when o started buying frogs but i have several of them... i wear them more than some x metals since x metals really is a pain to wear for long periods... hope to get some rare ones later on...

There are quite a few reasons out there (light weight, classic style, break off arms, etc ...,) but if I had to choose one ...

The "I don't take life seriously" myriad number of frame colors hooked me ...

My soon to be ex used to always say, " you're a big guy, why do you wear what looks like a pair of sunglasses for kids?"

Exactly ...

:)

There are quite a few reasons out there (light weight, classic style, break off arms, etc ...,) but if I had to choose one ...

The "I don't take life seriously" myriad number of frame colors hooked me ...

My soon to be ex used to always say, " you're a big guy, why do you wear what looks like a pair of sunglasses for kids?"

Exactly ...

:)
Because you don't have to grow up ....you're a frogskins kid. ;)

I remember the first pair of Frogs I ever got. I had come to visit my best friend over Christmas who had recently moved to Texas and my gift from him was a pair of Antifreeze Frogs. I had wanted a pair, but had not owned one. I was hooked immediately. I just find them to be very comfortable and there are so many options with them.

It easily became my go-to pair. I don't have a collection like some people have, though I am very happy with what I do have. I just really find it fun getting the rare pairs and knowing it's a pair you can't just walk into an Oakley store and buy. There aren't a bunch of collabs with other frames like there are with Frogskins. I own several other types of frames and I wear all of those a bunch, but I always find myself coming back to my Frogs.

I know others love them and plenty hate them. We all have our reasons, but at least for everyone on here, we all share the passion for the brand. Oakley has offered different types of frames for all sorts of people. While I'd like to say that Frogskins are the reason I love Oakley, because let's be honest I really love these damn things, I can't entirely say that's the reason. Oakley has made so many badass pairs over the years, pairs that other companies would never have the balls to make. But in part of this, while other brands have pairs similar to Frogskins, none of them really offer what Oakley has with the pair. I keep coming back for more or trying to collect the collabs I missed out on. It's a fun chase and a great waste of money!

I remember the first pair of Frogs I ever got. I had come to visit my best friend over Christmas who had recently moved to Texas and my gift from him was a pair of Antifreeze Frogs. I had wanted a pair, but had not owned one. I was hooked immediately. I just find them to be very comfortable and there are so many options with them.

It easily became my go-to pair. I don't have a collection like some people have, though I am very happy with what I do have. I just really find it fun getting the rare pairs and knowing it's a pair you can't just walk into an Oakley store and buy. There aren't a bunch of collabs with other frames like there are with Frogskins. I own several other types of frames and I wear all of those a bunch, but I always find myself coming back to my Frogs.

I know others love them and plenty hate them. We all have our reasons, but at least for everyone on here, we all share the passion for the brand. Oakley has offered different types of frames for all sorts of people. While I'd like to say that Frogskins are the reason I love Oakley, because let's be honest I really love these damn things, I can't entirely say that's the reason. Oakley has made so many badass pairs over the years, pairs that other companies would never have the balls to make. But in part of this, while other brands have pairs similar to Frogskins, none of them really offer what Oakley has with the pair. I keep coming back for more or trying to collect the collabs I missed out on. It's a fun chase and a great waste of money!
Awesome response. I want to reply properly later.

Fell in love with the Frogs versatility and light weight, not to mention strength back in 2008, with their Collectors Edition launch. My first pair being the Trevor 'Trouble' Andrews Glow-In-The-Dark, which I wore to the Isle of Mann TT 2009............

Latest Posts

Back