• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's your Reason??

Even better reply
The words come together sometimes! Lol

I gotta give it to everyone who can wear Frogs. I love the varieties that are available. It is iconic. It is classic. It is Douche. I'd own a few pairs if they didn't look so bad on me.

While I bemoan the look on me, I'll never bash the frame. There are plenty of frames that deserve to be clowned on.

Last edited:
Back in the early 90s I remember the older kid across the street had a pair and I thought they were the coolest shades I had ever seen. Saved money from mowing lawns and bought a pair. Sold most of my O collection a couple years back, but out of the 4 pairs I still have, 2 are Frogs. I wear my custom ghost white frames (sanded the red lettering off) daily. Douche white in full effect.

I might buy 1 pair per year, but generally sell off another. More than 4 pairs and I find they just sit in boxes collecting dust. Wife just bought me a pair of Flak 2.0s for golf. She has 2 pairs of a frogs and another pair (can't think of the name). She rarely wears her Wildberry N Milk pair though. Mostly just the clear w/ gold iridium.

I think most collectors would agree that frogskins are definitely an iconic pair which has lasted throughout the years. Sought after by many and craved by most. Be it rare, standard or custom there are frogskins for any and every occasion. I think this is why I've fallen for the frame. Speaking with some avid x-metal collectors some keep a few frogs hiding in their giant collections. Yes even x-metal lovers would still pop on a pair of frogs once and a while. o_O

The reason for this thread is to find out how or why you all have collected these incredible frames. What got you hooked?

Take some time and post why you like skins and how perhaps you started to collect them. I'd really like to hear from many of you.

I can't wait to start reading stories here.

My personal reason is that the frame fits me well and I find the variety simply amazing. No other frames produced by any large optical companies even come close to the number of froggies out there. I know some feel Oakley has killed the style over time but I disagree. An example are the Mash 10. Wow sold out in only like 12 hours hmm perhaps it's a good sign they will stick around for a long while.

Thanks in advance skin fans and perhaps you closet frog fans. :);)

SoulfulFrog
I collect them because they are fun....FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!
image.jpeg

I threw a pair on when I couldn't find my normal cycling sunglasses (radarlocks). They worked just as well and added a bit of style. Then I bought more cause my wife started stealing my pair...damn her.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I can tell You why. My memory is very clear on it, because I bought my first pair this morning. I wanted to get a pair of PRISM lenses for my Flak XLJ's. Then I saw a pair of shades made for me.
I saw a pair of Ray Ban Woodys about 15 years ago. I'm a woodcarver, and it seemed a good fit that my shades would look like wood. Then, not long after getting my Woodys, my beloved Moons bit the dust. The frames just cracked. I had a perfect pair of MOON lenses, and no frames. So I did what any woodcarver would do. I carved a pair of MOONS.
BACK TO THIS MORNING. Of course I knew about Frogskins, but I just found out last night that there was a pair of Frogskins that not only had PRISM lenses, which I really wanted to try. But the Frogskins with PRISM lenses also had WOOD-LOOK FRAMES! SOLD! I was ready to pay $160, but then I found them for $15 more than just the lenses for my XLJ's would have cost! DOUBLE SOLD! I get my first FROGSKINS this weekend. And they're WOODYS!

Latest Posts

Back