• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's your screen name mean?

I’ve used this screen name since I first started using the internet in the early 90’s. It comes from being a fan of the LA Kings hockey team.

I am as well, and this is the reason why no Canadian based team have won the Cup in almost 30 years

Stanley Cup 1993 - Los Angeles Kings vs Montreal Canadien Game 2​

timestamp: 1:55:08

The Jacques Demers curse is real !

I am a Red Wings fan, they used to be good. Been following the Flyers more now that I moved back to PA.

HUGE Hershey Bears fan though! Live like a half hour away from the Den.

Yep, it kind of cursed the Kings for a while too, but the Kings got over the curse. Canada...Not yet.
Yes, they won in 2012 and 2014, but i could not recognize them and really get behind them in those years due to those jerseys they wore (and still do)

to an outsider/non native like me, they did not look like the LA Kings i knew, could have been a completely different team for all i know....... sounds crazy perhaps, but i would much rather have them win 1 cup in 1993 than the 2 recent cups in those awful "homeplate" uniforms.

😁

I am a Red Wings fan, they used to be good. Been following the Flyers more now that I moved back to PA.

HUGE Hershey Bears fan though! Live like a half hour away from the Den.
Yes, time for the Flyers to make some moves..... last cup win was 46 years ago :oops:

My Dad made me an email in the 90’s and thought Ink was a cool nickname. So Ink with my last name Koonce was the start of my first username in 1996.
Oh, i always thought it was because you were incontinent .... and spelled it with a K ...... due to your Norwegian heritage

😅

;)👍

i really thought koonce was your last name and ink was your first name
You say potato........

You say koonce ... i say

usa-today-8051320.0.jpg

Yes, they won in 2012 and 2014, but i could not recognize them and really get behind them in those years due to those jerseys they wore (and still do)

to an outsider/non native like me, they did not look like the LA Kings i knew, could have been a completely different team for all i know....... sounds crazy perhaps, but i would much rather have them win 1 cup in 1993 than the 2 recent cups in those awful "homeplate" uniforms.

😁
I’d love it if they went back to the Gretzky years jerseys. Those were my favorites. They do use them a couple times a year for special games.
8B688DA7-3B26-4A24-BFAD-233A9621304A.jpeg

I had a great uncle that used to call me Mopar when I was little, cause my side of the family is Mopar fans. He passed away a few years ago. Fin is my nickname from the Navy. First part of my last name.

So......when I was looking for a name to use for online/gamer tag/etc. I just put the two together.

Back