• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's your take on collectibility of Heritage frames?

I lived in Va Beach for about 2 years and still live in Hampton roads.$hit on tables is fair game, ive seen more than my fair share of folks walk right into Pac-sun ect and completely grab everything on the front table and run right out. Alot of these kids in the area of his shop are tourists and the chance of them ever being caught is slim and none, so the risk factor for them goes out the window. the fact that within a 1 block radius of his store there are quite a few parking lots that attract Lot Lizards/car clubs that think they are all in a Fast in a Furious movie and have nothing better to do but causing trouble.

I have never been in your shop but maybe your Oakley rep can get you one of the small Counter Display that you could put near a register or something?

MBnebtxl.jpg

ON a different note, When those shadow camo crankshafts come out im worried they will be a limited run in that colorway. If it is something you can get i would Def make a trip out there to get them from you.

I'm glad you can understand what I go through! The Oceanfront can get a little rough for sure at nights as I'm sure you've seen. Last year in Spring there were 3 shootings, a handful of stabbings and a robbery all in one night down there. One shooting just 100 feet from my store. All this takes place after midnight, during the day it can be a very fun place to be for families. Night and day difference, literally.

Only the Blades and really only the second time. The 2005 Razor Blade was a redesign, but the Heritage Collection uses the original design. I believe there was a Collector Eyeshade, but it was not available in the US.

I think they are way over price. They should be about $85 each.
They will look real goofy on most. Celebrities ate going to wear the **** out of them.
If you pass along with the other shop maybe luxotica will take it as a sign that they should put out nicer stuff.
Did I miss read you own a SGH? I thought they were chain stores? They franchise?

Only the Blades and really only the second time. The 2005 Razor Blade was a redesign, but the Heritage Collection uses the original design. I believe there was a Collector Eyeshade, but it was not available in the US.
Sorry, I was refering to the Blades. I wish they had used the 2005 version for the 30 Year edition. With all the improvements they made in 2005, why go back to the 80's design, with all of it's flaws. It isn't like they got the 2014 edition 100% correct anyway.

Me too. They're not worth the price tag. I doubt they'll have much collectibility either. After all, they are just repros, not originals. And this is the third time they've been re-released, right?

I was pumped on the Eyeshades in the beginning but I've fallen off, especially with the $200 price. I hope they wind up in the Vaults for $100, I'll scoop 'em then.

I was pumped on the Eyeshades in the beginning but I've fallen off, especially with the $200 price. I hope they wind up in the Vaults for $100, I'll scoop 'em then.
We can only hope. Most of the O Stores only received 2 or 3 units of each colorway (I heard Times Square got 10), but they seem to be readily available on the web site. As usual, I'm wondering what the production numbers are. From what the employees at the store were telling me, a lot of people are excited to see the frame, but sales have been very slow.

We can only hope. Most of the O Stores only received 2 or 3 units of each colorway (I heard Times Square got 10), but they seem to be readily available on the web site. As usual, I'm wondering what the production numbers are. From what the employees at the store were telling me, a lot of people are excited to see the frame, but sales have been very slow.

That last line sums up most of us. I heard up and down that Old Glory and Union Jack were "big four store" specific, but lo and behold, they wound up in O-stores and Vaults everywhere, even with a rumored 500 model run. Cavendish is another special release that comes to mind that is still in Vaults. Plus, there's supposed to be a refresh in October to Heritage, as per @Sunglass Shack, if I remember correctly, which would put more pairs out there.

Back