• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

When Bad@$$ Isn't Bad Enough

not quite sure yet. This is the 1st one of it's kind for me. The tear down and reassembly is the grey area so to speak. If you have someone to do all that, then we can discuss the rest.

It's Cerakote...So if it stands up to the beating of gun slides jammin and heating up, powder residues, etc...I think you should be quite fine. Watch a few of their videos, they beat that crap up and it takes it

more appropriately, it won't scratch if you breath on it like the Ion/Stealth on the other models lol

How will the finish stand up to daily use? I am specifically interested in the rub points of the links
The links are isolated with washers from each other, as well.

This is the bake-on variety, mind you. But it's tough stuff. This is from the gunsmith near where I work.

600_front_4000.jpg

The links are isolated with washers from each other, as well.

This is the bake-on variety, mind you. But it's tough stuff. This is from the gunsmith near where I work.

600_front_4000.jpg
That's the ticket. Beat that sh!t senseless...I think it will be quite fine on a wrist...even taking a few hard diggers won't hurt it I bet

PVD, which is all the rage in the watch world, is basically a sublimated coating. Vapor film.

Looks awesome, until you wear it.
vapor coatings can be good, but won't take the abuse. I have Lazer Black Widow Darts, and they have the identical coating as X Metal shades...They bang into each other in the board and they just turn to sh!t fast. Coatings wear off from throwing them, etc. Not durable at all. I am actually going to Cerakote a set of darts and hammer the living crap outta them just to see how it holds up.

This is what the barrel on a Sig would normally look like after a few thousand rounds, FYI;

NP3_sig_1.jpg
and I am sure that is well maintained versus a weapon not cleaned or serviced in 2-3 years! most would just look like total crap

Yes and no. The Sig uses the Browning tilting barrel method to unlock, but does so by using the end of the slide as a bushing. Depending on how well your particular gun is mated you could have very little barrel wear. Typically you'll see a dark band toward the front that quickly fades towards the breach. The front is inevitable due to the lockup, but greasing the barrel will help minimize this wear.

The second example either has a very high round count, or was shot DRY on the barrel, or just happened to have a poor fit.

Todd's gun (the owner of CustomizedCreationz) has truly been beat to **** though. In fact, that might be one that I sold him that had a crack in the frame rail. You can see the point of lockup is heavily worn to the Cerakote, but you can also see evidence of the barrel chattering from the dry conditions. The dust cover is a low-wear area, aside from holster wear, and the high points that the slide contact.

Back