• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

When Do You Think Sunglasses Are Expensive?

At what price do you consider sunglasses to be expensive?

• €100,- ($130,-)

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • €200,- ($260,-)

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • €300,- ($390,-)

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • €400,- ($520,-)

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • €500,- ($650,-)

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
I think $150 is pushing it... And I can forget it if it's past $200. I have gotten a few markdowns but that's about it. I wish there was a Vault near me.

I can't really say. I think they are all expensive, but that doesnt mean i wont pay it. It also depends on the frame. Usually if i have to pay 80% or more of retail, i think thats expensive.

I can't really say. I think they are all expensive, but that doesnt mean i wont pay it. It also depends on the frame. Usually if i have to pay 80% or more of retail, i think thats expensive.
That's kind of what I was trying to say. Paying MSRP is expensive, especially when it's not a limited pair you can pick up later on for close to half as much? But there are pairs I might shell out $250 for and say I got a deal.

I'm a junior in college. Full time student. I've built my entire collection while in school

That being said, I still do mostly trades and most of the money that bought my collection came from buying and selling glasses
That's exactly how it is for me. Find sweet deals, trade, work my way up.

Well.....its relative to so many factors. i remember when i was in college and my first pair of Oakleys were $90 and i couldnt believe i was paying that. but now....i dont actually feel O makes anything worth over $350; even the X Metal line and PB when in production i didnt think warranted paying above that. and now, i think the lifestyle frames at $100 plus are rip offs-$85 would be my max for a Gascan or Fuel Cell

it really depends on the frame (metals cost more to make are thus more expensive). it is totally different when you shell out $300 for an artist plastic frame than it is for a metal frame. so if we are talking about metals, above 300 is actually pretty ridiculous already...

These days, any polarized glasses that are worth it will be in the $150 range. My absolute limit today is around $275-$300. My priorities have changed a lot since buying my Juliets brand new in '99. I would never pay what i payed for them again today. Somehow trying to explain to the wifey why anything over $275 would be worth it, epecially with so many great styles of Oakley's for less.

^ says the guy who's Juliets are at Dr Chops shop getting refinished, tuned up, and new lenses.. shhhh...wifey doesn't need to know everything....lol

$300 is my limit. I don't mind spending the money but $300 is the point where I have to think about it.

I voted for $390 but it all depends really on the model. Like someone was offering his rootbeer PB1 for $420. I would have bought it if only they were complete package.

Latest Posts

Back