• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

When First Starting Your Collection Do Boxes Matter?

One of my gfs friends works at a SGH and she said they normally just throw the boxes out to save space.

Which is one of the contributory reasons why it is especially rewarding if you acquire Sunglass Hut exclusives with the correct original labelled boxes. To get these items it becomes a challenge but not an impossible task, I have 17 SGH exclusive pieces all of which are complete with excellent to mint correct original boxes which has been achieved through effort and perhaps some luck as well. The option for the generally available items is to get them elsewhere if your local SGH cannot supply the item as produced by Oakley. Having said this, it is understandable that collectors suffer frustration created by the companies general trait of discarding the packaging.

I would love to have everything complete as much as possible, but of course it's not possible all the time, if the pair came with a generic box then I can live without the box but if it's a special edition pair, especially an Artist Series pair then I got to have it complete

Well I am gonna go in and see there best price on both pair monday and throw 300 at the display case and see what the owner says. I will go another 50 on the case but if not I will be patient. Not sure if I like the single case with the drawers on the large bin type door.

I always look to buy items with boxes, but sometimes it's not a deal breaker if I don't get them. I have bought a few pairs without boxes. If it is a rare pair then I will not buy it unless the box is included.

Back