• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

When ordering progressives how's it done?

crawdad62

Oakley Beginner
I usually go to Lenscrafters, get an exam and order right there. I get progressive lens and of course the frames I get are at the store and they measure everything. No problem. I always get my sunglasses directly from Oakley and the the RX for single vision because I use them to run, bike or skateboard and don't need fine vision. However a few years ago I got some Gas Cans and decided I wanted progressives in them. I ordered lens from somewhere else (Oakley didn't do my RX at the time). They wanted me to take the lenses out and take a picture. That makes sense and they were fine. I just bought some new Plazmas and debated getting progressive lenses but didn't just because what I use them for they really aren't needed. But I was curious how does Oakley make progressive lenses for glasses they are selling to you when you buy the glasses and lenses together? Thanks.

Hey. Do you mean what measurements do they use?
Well yeah sort of. When I buy from my optometrist I try on the frames I'm going to get and they measure where my pupil is within the lens. And when I ordered online from somewhere else they had me put on the frames without the lens in and take a picture. I went through the ordering process (up to actually purchase) at Oakley and there was nothing other than putting in my Prescription numbers. I mean I know they know their frames but I assume everyone's eyes would not be exactly the same within the lens area.

Back