• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

When will the next release come?

Just so you know, i'm not trying to be a ****. If your cool, then so am I.
Haha yeah dude it's all good. For the record I was underwhelmed with the madman/badman myself after the excitement subsided. They're almost too loose to wear. Too bad because I like the shape of the badman.

Haha yeah dude it's all good. For the record I was underwhelmed with the madman/badman myself after the excitement subsided. They're almost too loose to wear. Too bad because I like the shape of the badman.
I have a real problem with the Madman because i had been told by an Oakley employee that had no clue that it was going to be titanium. (I knew it wouldnt be x Metal) So i waited and waited for what i thought was going to be the best thing oakley has made in 6 years, and when it finally came out, i went to pick it up, and found out it was aluminum. 400 dollars for an aluminum frame. I was pissed.

Im not as dissapointed with the releases as I am with the fact that Oakley thinks we're a bunch of fukkin' rubes. 400 dollar wire frames, 1000 dollar version of the same 400 dollar frame, the first switchlock sunglass to NOT come with an extra lens (even though the price says it should) etc. sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

Im not as dissapointed with the releases as I am with the fact that Oakley thinks we're a bunch of fukkin' rubes. 400 dollar wire frames, 1000 dollar version of the same 400 dollar frame, the first switchlock sunglass to NOT come with an extra lens (even though the price says it should) etc. sorry, just had to get that off my chest.
Totally agree with that sentiment. I don't have a problem with the aluminum per se, but these are cheaper to make with a higher starting price than the superior originals. That's a pure money grab right there.

I had two pairs of Juliets once and had no idea of their popularity until well... A month ago here.
I discovered Maui Jim and moved away from oakley.

What made me come back was the badman. Asia fit that is.
But the Asia fit is much more limited in lens options, I would love the rubby frame.

... but anybody offended by it should remember where they are, and maybe not take trivial things like sunglasses so seriously.

MEME with Futurama guy: "Not sure if joking or serious..."

bda068f44fe03f66b8f4a5d15492b6d44517fae950909c7323f763bf4dc52da1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back