• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

When You Leave The House, How Many Pairs Do You Take With You?

Just one for me, occasionally if I know I am meeting up with someone I'll bring a pair for them... Just feels wrong being associated with someone not wearing Oakley on a sunny day:)

I keep a spare pair in both cars & truck(HGV) and the pair I have on me when leaving house , only problem I have to keep answering same Question from wife "are they new" always the same answer noooo sweethart I have'nt bought a new pair .
I don't think she beleives me anymore !

I think your good lady must believe you TexxxZ!? You've still got your man space hopers.......

I usually just take one pair when I go out daily, but always have 1 pair in my car.
If I go for longer trips I usualy take 3-5 pairs.

I pick 1 in the morning (weather permitting) to wear for the day. I have a spare set of older and less expensive in the truck in case I forget. When I go on vacation, I will usually take 1-3, depending on how long I will be gone. I've taken as many as 6 on a trip before. I'm sure TSA was confused at all the metal vaults in my carry on.

I posted on this thread before once upon a time.

But now my pattern has changed. Where I used to always go out day-to-day with at least two pair, these days it's more typically one - a neutral base for a full sunny day or a contrast base for a variable-condition day.

What drove the change? Getting a display case. Back when all my Oaks were sitting in a pile in their MF bags, it was easy to grab another pair or two to stick in the vault in my backpack or glovebox. But now with them all on stands locked in a case, usually the only time I have two out at the same time is when I pull the pair to wear for the day and still haven't put yesterday's pair back...

But for travel it's unchanged - two pair (one neutral and one contrast) plus any special-use sets appropriate for the trip, if warranted.

Latest Posts

Back