• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where Are Romeo Prices Right Now?

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
If I were in the market for a Romeo, what would I expect to pay? Knowing that I don't need to jump at the first deal I see.

A good X Metal frame, no box, chopped lenses. Nothing special, just a solid pair to wear.

$450? $550? $600?

I'm doing some looking and most of what I'm seeing are on opposite ends - complete pairs, rare pairs or trashed and need repairs. Nothing like what I described.

I've got pretty much the same thing on my list for down the road and I'm expecting to pay around $600. I'm curious what other replies you get here.

a mint pair of x metal black iridium should be around $450 to a little less than $600, and this is without coin or box and with MINT x metal etched lenses. this is from my POV anyway. higher prices are simply too much and totally not worth it.

a mint pair of x metal black iridium should be around $450 to a little less than $600, and this is without coin or box and with MINT x metal etched lenses. this is from my POV anyway. higher prices are simply too much and totally not worth it.

I agree, most of what I'm finding out there is overpriced pairs of R1's that need lenses, new rubber, and likely screws. A mint pair with etched x metal lenses will be hard to come by in the lower range of $450.

In my experience MINT x metal etched lenses are very very rare. They almost always have cracks at the joints and of course most have small scratches. The X-metal frame is very durable though, it's almost always in like new mint condition after some cleaning.

In my experience MINT x metal etched lenses are very very rare. They almost always have cracks at the joints and of course most have small scratches. The X-metal frame is very durable though, it's almost always in like new mint condition after some cleaning.
actually, i beg to differ. i have just recently been getting some r1s off the bay. but i definitely scrutinize and ask for the seller to check the lenses AND to post clear pics. i have two ti r1s on the way to me now. and i just got 2 x metal r1s also in mint condition (x metal etched lenses with no crack and negligible scratches) in the last two months.
you just really have to look. and actually, out of the 20 plus r1s that i got over the course of 2 years, 90% were from ebay and the 10% from the forum. all are mint with x metal etched lenses.
once i see that the r1 has after market lenses, i automatically am not interested...

Latest Posts

Back