• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where Do These Auction Site Sellers Get An Endless Supply Of Nwot And Slightly Used

I'm still tripping off the one guy on eBay who seems to have a near endless supply of new Mars glasses. I didn't think that many were made, but he seems to have a ton. ...and they are legit too.

I asked one of the regular sellers where he gets all of his inventory from, his short and vague answer was..."Haha, I have a friend at Oakley HQ". Wasn't the detailed answer I wanted, but I purchased from this same seller and his stuff is legit. Wish I had a friend at HQ!!!

I bought my own Mars from that guy on EBAY... almost makes me think that Oakley is still secretly producing them and distributing them through this ebay account... Just because of the insane number that have been sold. Or the guy just bought the entire leftover stock years ago.

I love checking out those sellers like total O... they always seem to have rare and old discontinued stuff. Must be overstock or dead stock or something. Some guys have slightly used stuff while others seem to have brand new pieces. I wouldn't put it past Oakley to capitalize on the vast EBAY marketplace in order to sell off old stock or models that aren't moving off retail shelves.

That makes sense, but then there are so many items like 270940513771. It can't be said that a colorway like black/black polarized, in new condition, is an unpopular model that won't move from store shelves.

Uluahunter said:
I asked one of the regular sellers where he gets all of his inventory from, his short and vague answer was..."Haha, I have a friend at Oakley HQ". Wasn't the detailed answer I wanted, but I purchased from this same seller and his stuff is legit. Wish I had a friend at HQ!!!

I have a couple friends that work in HQ and they never offer me anything like a mars...I NEED BETTER FRIENDS!! :lol:

I have noticed that the guy selling the Mars keeps upping his prices. Maybe he's getting to the end of his stock? Or maybe he's just increasing his profit. Time will tell.

Back