• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where to buy Oakley's and use VSP insurance? Online or Retailer?

23109VC

Oakley Beginner
So I was going to order my Flak 2.0 Prizm Road RX glasses at Lenscrafters and after waiting almost an hour, the sales rep says she can't order them. My RX is so large that I can only use the "standard" lenses, and their system only shows they sell Flak 2.0 XL. I tried to explain to her that the frames were identical and that a lab would just make custom lenses so she should be able to sell me ANY Flak 2.0 frame, and the lab will make standard lenses.

She had no clue what I was talking about and said since they don't have "standard" Flak 2.0 glasses in their system she couldn't sell them to me. I just left and figured I'd order them elsewhere where the staff had a brain.

So I can order online - but I have to bill VSP on my own and get reimbursed.

Did any of you go with online sellers like sportRX or Framesdirect?

It looks like I may have more options for frame color if I go with an online seller. LensCrafters had only a few colors I could choose from. If I go online I think I have more choices.

I am debating between just getting black frames with the Prizm Road lens. OR getting that cool black/red color combo called red/ink... it kind of looks cool with the Prizm road lenses. not sure what color to get.

I may also wear these as daily sunglasses and *could* at some point get a second set of lenses..maybe a snow pit or daily wear that is just black.... depends on how cheap I can get RX lenses for the frames.

any suggestions on where to get the best deal on these things? I have an FSA account I am using to pay for it, but if I can get VSP to pay for some of it - that just leaves more flex spending money for other medical things.

Thanks everyone!

so I was going to order my Flak 2.0 Prizm Road RX glasses at lenscrafters and after waiting almost an hour, the sales rep says she can't order them. My RX is so large that I can only use the "standard" lenses, and their system only shows they sell Flak 2.0 XL. I tried to explain to her that the frames were identical, and that a lab would just make custom lensesl so she should be sble to sell me ANY Flak 2.0 frame, and the lab will make standard lenses.

she had no clue what I was talkina bout and said since they don't have "standard" Flak 2.0 glasses in their system she coudlnt sell them to me. I just left and figured i'd order them elsewhere where the staff had a brain.

so I can order online - but I have to bill VSP on my won and get reimbursed.

did any of you go with online sellers like sportRX or framesdirect?

It looks like I may have more options for frame color if I go with an online seller. lenscrafters had only a few colors I could chose from. If I go online I think I have more choices.

I am debating between just getting black frames with the prizm road lens. OR getting that cool black/red color combo called red/ink... it kind of looks cool with the prizm road lenses. not sure what color to get.

I may also wear these as daily sunglasss and *could* at some point get a second set of lenses..maybe a snow pir or a daily wear that is just black.... depends how cheap I can get RX lenses for the frames.

any suggestions on where to get the best deal on these things? I have a FSA account I am using to pay for it, but if I can get VSP to pay for some of it - that just leave more flex spending money for other medical things.

thanks everyone!
I've used framesdirect before for contacts & oakley stuff. easy to work with & great customer service

Hit me up!

I'll obviously need more info about your RX, your P.D., and a ton of personal info with regards to VSP. I am out of network but can typically get you a decent deal that'll work.

Give me a call. Especially if you are Darn near ready. I'll take some notes, check your insurance, pricing, and availability, then call you back within 1-2 hours! Typically within about 2 weeks you'll have Flak 2.0 RX glasses at your door! Oakley does have frequent backorders on frame colors lately :(

At which point I'll get you to put the balance after insurance on your FSA/HSA credit card.

Easy, PS, you are right about the look on people's eyes when confused!

You won't get that here.:confused::eek:
:cool-20::cool-20::cool-20::cool-20:

Last edited:
Hit me up! You can check out my store on yelp. Debonair Eyes, San Luis Obispo CA 93401.

I'm R.J.

I'll obviously need more info about your RX, your P.D., and a ton of personal info with regards to VSP.

Give me a call. Especially if you are Darn near ready. I'll take some notes, check your insurance, pricing, and availability, then call you back within 1-2 hours! Typically within about 2 weeks you'll have Flak 2.0 RX glasses at your door! Oakley does have frequent backorders on frame colors lately :(

At which point I'll get you to put the balance sheet insurance in your FSA/HSA credit card.

Easy, PS, you are right about the look on people's eyes when confused!

You won't get that here.:confused::eek:
:cool-20::cool-20::cool-20::cool-20:
You need to post a photo in your workplace with a bubble on top of it that says "I'm also known as @Chris A Hardaway for the people that want the really cool **** done that nobody else does"

Sorry to bring back such an old thread. Do any of you know how much VSP typically covers going out of network like this?

Back