• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where to buy Polarized Ice Iridium for Flak Jacket

testcodes

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys, newish Oakley owner here. I have a Gas Can with Polarized Black Iridium which I've been wearing for a year. I recently got a pair of Flak Jackets with Positive Red Iridium lenses. I love my Gas Cans and I've read that the Ice Iridium is very similar to the Black Iridium so I'm looking into getting some replacement lenses for my Flak Jacket. Preferably XLJ but I can live with Standard lenses as well.

Besides the official Oakley online store (which in my experience so far is a very horrible online store because of bad/late notifications and bad/slow customer service), do you guys have suggestions on where else to buy them in the US? Preferably somewhere with free and fast shipping as well as easy returns if in case I didn't like them (or if they came damaged).

I'm a big Amazon Prime fan and I get the majority of my stuff from there. They have the non-polarized version of Ice Iridium but no polarized ones. I've been Googling the past couple hours and I haven't found an online store yet that has them.

Thanks

I typed in the exact following into google and they came up on Amazon....Oakley....backcountry....competetivecyclist....eBay.....

oakley flak jacket polarized ice iridium

Google

I typed in the exact following into google and they came up on Amazon....Oakley....backcountry....competetivecyclist....eBay.....

oakley flak jacket polarized ice iridium

Google

yep I did that, did you check the links though?

The first link for Amazon, the one for the standard lens, is sold by a 3rd party seller with a couple negative reviews. Shipping time from them is not as fast. And returns are usually problematic for 3rd party sellers in Amazon.

2nd link, the one for the XLJ, is a link for the reviews. If you look at the product page they don't have Ice in there, just the black ones.

3rd and 4th links, Oakley site I said I'd like to avoid.

5th link, I love BackCountry. They're an awesome store. Unfortunately they don't have Ice

6th link, CompetitiveCycling, they don't have the Ice lenses either

The ebay links at the bottom are just general searches for "Oakley Flak Jacket". They also don't have the polarized ice.

I appreciate the help, but like I said, I've been Googling the past couple of hours. The first one for the standard lenses from Amazon I might try as a last resort. I'd prefer to order from a trusted store though.

I only clicked on the Amazon link as I was running out the door..

Any chance of someone you know hitting an O store and sending them your way if you don't have a store close enough to you?

that's another option, I can call up some friends to see if they have a store near by. returns would be a hassle though so I'll save this one as a last resort as well. thanks

I think I found one from Amazon. It's listed under the "Non-Polarized" lenses instead of the Polarized section. But based on the price ($90) and a short text description buried in there saying that it's polarized, I think this is the correct ones.

I couldn't find them before because it was listed under the wrong item name (which is also why it wasn't showing up in the google search) and also has the wrong picture.

Hopefully this is the correct one. I'll know by Wednesday. If it turns out to be the wrong kind, Amazon returns are easy so it shouldn't be a problem to return them back.

Frank, thanks for helping out

I think I found one from Amazon. It's listed under the "Non-Polarized" lenses instead of the Polarized section. But based on the price ($90) and a short text description buried in there saying that it's polarized, I think this is the correct ones.

I couldn't find them before because it was listed under the wrong item name (which is also why it wasn't showing up in the google search) and also has the wrong picture.

Hopefully this is the correct one. I'll know by Wednesday. If it turns out to be the wrong kind, Amazon returns are easy so it shouldn't be a problem to return them back.

Frank, thanks for helping out
You are welcome. Good luck. :)

Latest Posts

Back