• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where were you 20 years ago today, September 11 ?

Getting out of the shower at my inlaws. Took a look at the tv, thought they were replying the first wtc bombing attack, saw the live heading and then the second plane hit. Went upstairs and told my wife and inlaws we need to stop my daughter from watching sponge bob, there is something going on in NY.

My inlaws live close to Dayton. Even though commercial flights were grounded we heard a LOT of military taking off from Wright-Patterson….
I'm just south of Dayton, in Mason.

Wake Forest, NC, working as a software engineer. Heard of one building on fire so we walked across the street to Shorty's to watch the news thinking some fire broke out or something, saw the second plane hit live on TV as we entered, everything was just silent.

I was on a rooftop in West Philadelphia. first few days working a new system. My then Boss and Mentor Calls me thinking I was still in Washington DC, and tells me his flight just got diverted (He was in the air when the planes hit!) and to check the news. I plugged in the customer’s TV and just stood there with him for a minute. I still remeber the feeling of “This can’t be real, it looks like a movie.”

En route from NZ to LA but got diverted to Hawaii. Ended up there for 3 weeks

Was working for Red Bull doing a UK tour with pro sk8rs visiting schools doing sk8 demos.
At Hemel Hempstead in a tennis court setting up half pipes.
I heard a kid shout out “America’s been bombed” and I thought - this is it WW3 begins today!

I was on a rooftop in West Philadelphia. first few days working a new system. My then Boss and Mentor Calls me thinking I was still in Washington DC, and tells me his flight just got diverted (He was in the air when the planes hit!) and to check the news. I plugged in the customer’s TV and just stood there with him for a minute. I still remeber the feeling of “This can’t be real, it looks like a movie.”
born and raised?

😄

Back