• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Color Lens For My New Polished X Squared...

• Thread starter Kashton
  • Start date
can you take a picture with your phone looking through the emerald lenses, outside, and post them? I have a pair of emerald lenses and I really like them but I don't know if they are OEM or a cheap knock off. Everything tells me cheap knock off but before I order new lenses I'd like to see if yours look the same as the ones I have. Mine have a pink purple hugh when you look through them.

Here is what mine look like.

CC609F5D-9B83-41F3-A921-49EDE77E2136-3488-000002737AE5FEDF_zps0dccb4f8.jpg

I have a pair of emerald lenses and I really like them but I don't know if they are OEM or a cheap knock off. Everything tells me cheap knock off but before I order new lenses I'd like to see if yours look the same as the ones I have. Mine have a pink purple hugh when you look through them.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that those are Linegear lenses. Externally, the lens is closer to OEM Jade in color than Emerald and they have that purplish tint to them. Oakley's "Emerald" name is kind of misleading. They don't really resemble the color of an emerald...they're a lot duller...kind of a waxy dark yellowish green. Hard to describe, really.

So it looks like your lenses are likely "knock-offs", but certainly not "cheap" ones.

Thanks for explaining that. I was hoping they weren't OEM because I like the appearance of them but looking through them gives me migraines.

can you take a picture with your phone looking through the emerald lenses, outside, and post them? I have a pair of emerald lenses and I really like them but I don't know if they are OEM or a cheap knock off. Everything tells me cheap knock off but before I order new lenses I'd like to see if yours look the same as the ones I have. Mine have a pink purple hugh when you look through them.

CC609F5D-9B83-41F3-A921-49EDE77E2136-3488-000002737AE5FEDF_zps0dccb4f8.jpg
Yeah those are definitely not OEM Emeralds. If they were, they'd look more like a cool blueish hue looking through it (much subtler and not purply at all). By the way, to the OP, ice really looks sick in those.

Yeah those are definitely not OEM Emeralds. If they were, they'd look more like a cool blueish hue looking through it (much subtler and not purply at all). By the way, to the OP, ice really looks sick in those.

I will snap a pic of my Emerald OEM and attach it for ya but is sounds like they may have answered your question.

Thanks!! The Ice do look cool in the Polished Frame...

I purchased two lenses and just waiting delivery for Titanium Iridium Polarized and Deep Water Polarized...

So which one would be more proper for a polished frame? I plan to put the other on my plasma frame.

I would like to ask in advance because both my frames are very tight and difficult to avoid to scratch the edges when removing the lenses. I would like to do this as seldom as possible.

I purchased two lenses and just waiting delivery for Titanium Iridium Polarized and Deep Water Polarized...

So which one would be more proper for a polished frame? I plan to put the other on my plasma frame.

I would like to ask in advance because both my frames are very tight and difficult to avoid to scratch the edges when removing the lenses. I would like to do this as seldom as possible.

Wow, three year old thread revived. Lol.

To answer your question though, my personal opinion would be the DWP in the the polished frame ant Titanium in the plasma.