• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which color Madmans?!

Hmm I am seriously thinking about getting the plasma/tungsten combo because I prefer that frame color then swapping out the lenses with ruby when replacements become available. There is a custom plasma/ruby pair on eBay right now that looks awesome...exactly what I want but unfortunately according to the seller the frames and lenses have some scratches. The price is right but the scratches would send my OCD into overdrive LOL.

Oakley will carry replacement lenses for these eventually, right?

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the input, I decided to go with the Plasma/Tungsten combo, and just closed a great deal today on a brand new pair from a forum member. My reasoning was that it's my favorite frame color, looks good on me with the Tungsten lenses and will be even better if I can swap them out with Ruby lenses in the future. Can't wait to get them!

Well look at the picture he took. The plasma frame looks off in his head. The tungsten frame along with the lens color just looks right. It's almost as if they were custom made.

I think the hair was the reason I said tungsten in my original post.

Well look at the picture he took. The plasma frame looks off in his head. The tungsten frame along with the lens color just looks right. It's almost as if they were custom made.

Which one are you referring to, the Plasma/Tungsten in the first pic or the Carbon/Ruby in the second pic?

The Plasma/Fire in the third pic definitely looked the worst on me.

It's funny that was one of the first things I realized looking at the pics...the Tungsten and Ruby options did go better with my hair color LOL. I think sometimes it's easier to get a sense of how something looks on you from a picture than a glance in the mirror.

Last edited:
Back