• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Colorframe Oakleys?

yoshi1984 said:
wow i should have kept my mouth shut.

I just stated my opinion thats why I said "in my opinion" more than once. I've seen people on the road dangerous merge into a different lane, in fact a few weeks ago this dork in an accord almost sideswiped us in the jeep and the ******* actually had the nerve to look right at me while I was sitting in the passenger seat with a straight face like he wasn't doing anything wrong. People almost always ignore the yield sign in that stretch of that road. I mentioned that because everyone else seem to be becoming more careless behind the wheel getting into accidents over avoidable stuff.

I wasnt knocking the fire lens just the lemon peel color...working with HS students I can tell u its the #1 color for guys to get that can afford real oaks-they are always surprised when I say "fire lenses" and recognize them...its all opinion Honestly I just prefer Black/Brown/Cinder/Blood/etc to bright colors...I am glad there is a variety ..what I really lament is the lack of new smaller frames....except for 5's and Sj nothing on O's site is snug enuff on me and the newer large lenses styles look silly but thats only ME. I may have a midget sized cranium even tho I am 5'10 165....I dunno..the other driver in the story might have been distracted by white or yellow shades on u...no I am only KIDDING-people out there can be rude. Back on OT Its only glasses there's room for all opinions ..the person wanting advice makes the choice ..what I should have said is if the person asking for advice wants black they should get it..I officially compromise and say Moto GP and Ducati colorways are nice and have some color...Ruby, Emerald, Gold, ice, Titanium, Tungsten are all colors I like in addition to Black Iridium. Some guys can pull off White frames...they just dont work for me but if someone wants to wear them they definitely should grab em if thats the choice they are all good...well I am struggling with lemon peel ...but they are all good. I also just turned 48 and it may be an age thing too...not sure. 20 years ago I would have worn Fire too.
PS I must say for me the best actual vision experience is Black and Ice iridium because I am super light sensitive...I love VR28Black but only on overcast days

i love titanium iridium and i wish oakley would use it more often, it's similar to tungsten which i also like. my least favorite lens has to be the VR28. I know that lens has a few people that either love it or hate it.

yoshi1984 said:
i love titanium iridium and i wish oakley would use it more often, it's similar to tungsten which i also like. my least favorite lens has to be the VR28. I know that lens has a few people that either love it or hate it.

Ya, I hate the VR28 also. they say it's a black iridium, but it's brown in my opinion.

I wish hey would use the chrome iridium more and make it more readily available for the custom glasses too. I feel the same about violet iridium.

the mirror is black -VR stands for Vermillion whuch is rosy brown.... the base lens under the black mirror...agreed on the Chrome I love the Dk Gret/Chrome SJ

the piper said:
I wasnt knocking the fire lens just the lemon peel color...working with HS students I can tell u its the #1 color for guys to get that can afford real oaks-they are always surprised when I say "fire lenses" and recognize them...its all opinion Honestly I just prefer Black/Brown/Cinder/Blood/etc to bright colors...I am glad there is a variety ..what I really lament is the lack of new smaller frames....except for 5's and Sj nothing on O's site is snug enuff on me and the newer large lenses styles look silly but thats only ME. I may have a midget sized cranium even tho I am 5'10 165....I dunno..the other driver in the story might have been distracted by white or yellow shades on u...no I am only KIDDING-people out there can be rude. Back on OT Its only glasses there's room for all opinions ..the person wanting advice makes the choice ..what I should have said is if the person asking for advice wants black they should get it..I officially compromise and say Moto GP and Ducati colorways are nice and have some color...Ruby, Emerald, Gold, ice, Titanium, Tungsten are all colors I like in addition to Black Iridium. Some guys can pull off White frames...they just dont work for me but if someone wants to wear them they definitely should grab em if thats the choice they are all good...well I am struggling with lemon peel ...but they are all good. I also just turned 48 and it may be an age thing too...not sure. 20 years ago I would have worn Fire too.
PS I must say for me the best actual vision experience is Black and Ice iridium because I am super light sensitive...I love VR28Black but only on overcast days

I agree on that one the lemon peel is a bit too "look at me". white works sometimes though.

Latest Posts

Back