• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Frame Do You See The Most On Other People?

Gascans and Flaks.... oh and white/text oil rigs with fire lenses. I see that way too much.... but I live here in big truck boo-foo territory.

I sometimes have to remind myself that I (and we) as collectors/fans/fanatics are the the very small minority.

You, sir, are spot on. In relative terms to the global market, of course we are totally in the minority - we are really a niche group of enthusiasts in the great scheme of things.

Perhaps every time I bang my fist on the table and say "Oh not another boring frame - and in Polished Black with Warm Grey as well" . . . . some fresh-faced Lux-Oakley executive is standing in front of a PowerPoint pie-chart talking to a roomful of suits and plates of cheap biscuits saying "But, ya know what Herb, judging by the responses here so far, 'boring' sells . . . . And, it seems, . . . . <he will pause here for effect> . . . . it sells by the sh1tload."

I mean, Gascans?? Blimey. People are still buying them?
:prankster:

I ask all the surf shops and optometrists if they have any old models in the back of the store, obviously they ask why. When I say Im a collector they cant understand why I would do that!! After a moment of confusion they get back to trying to sell me the newer models. Maybe its just my part of town but I have NEVER seen anyone wearing frogs!

. . . . some fresh-faced Lux-Oakley executive is standing in front of a PowerPoint pie-chart talking to a roomful of suits and plates of cheap biscuits saying "But, ya know what Herb, judging by the responses here so far, 'boring' sells . . . . :prankster:
How dare you fling insults like that! Lux always provides the finest mid-grade biscuits available.

When I play baseball here in Toronto Canada, almost 80% of the players wear flak jackets and the rest wearing radarpaths.

Latest Posts

Back