• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Frogskins Are These?

Tom90

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys

I'm Tom from Germany and totally new to this forum just like to sunglasses in general ^^
It was damn hot in Germany the last days. Everything except swimming was pure torture. I have never worn sunglasses in my life but the last days I realized a little burning in my eyes and they felt a little dry so I decided to get some sunglasses.
Until a few days ago Ray Ban was the only brand I knew but then I saw this picture of sexy Vanessa Hudgens ;) a few days ago

ibqLnZnaVunSYh.jpg

In another picture I was able to read the brand's name on the frame and when I visited their Website I realized Oakley got some damn awesome sunglasses.

So which ones are the ones she's wearing in this picture? Probably Frogskins Matte Black/Violet Iridium. Am I right or wrong?

Another link with higher resolution and other perspective http://i5.minus.com/ir6coohRB22sV.jpg

the +red lenses have alot of blue/violet in them.. pretty sure thats the crystal black with + red like OOO saide

the +red lenses have alot of blue/violet in them.. pretty sure thats the crystal black with + red like OOO saide

Yeah, different batches of +red look different. Earlier batches are more red, later ones more blue. Of course, she could've swapped lenses, but I don't think she did or even knew that she could. Celebs usually don't do the things we street people do. :cool-20:

They look so different from the picture on the website.
Why don't they use real pictures shot from different angles, light intensities and so on so people can get an impression of the real look.

But you guys are right. Found this video.
Thanks a lot. Now I need to decide which one to get. Tough decision ^^

Yeah, different batches of +red look different. Earlier batches are more red, later ones more blue. Of course, she could've swapped lenses, but I don't think she did or even knew that she could. Celebs usually don't do the things we street people do. :cool-20:
They usually just have Oakley do it for them cause they don't like the color. ;)

They usually just have Oakley do it for them cause they don't like the color. ;)

But not in this case?

Do they even have to pay for the glasses or does Oakley just send some random copies to some celebs in hopes they wear it so people like me get impressed by the awesome look, read the name on the frame and then buy one ^^

Back