• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Glasses For Football(soccer)?

rawraggi

Oakley Beginner
Iceland
Hi guys, I've got keratoconus and need to wear hard contact lenses to correct my vision which make my eyes very dry and very sensitive to light.

I'm playing soccer a lot and I wanted to get some glasses for protection, both to catch the lenses if they pop out, and to keep me from going blind if I get a decent smack in the face.

I've been looking at the Racing Jacket and Split Jacket, both of them seem to be "closed" enough to keep my eyes from drying up if there's wind, and they've got the option of a strap which would help massively during the action.

Is there anything else I should be looking at? Or should I just go for whichever of the Split/Racing is more comfortable?

Might be a silly question, but I'm new to the whole sunglasses/protective glasses genre, so please bear with me. :oops:

Check out the wind jacket. It is a racing jacket with a gasket that goes between your face and the glasses. It is much like a goggle.

I second the Wind Jacket. If you get knocked around and the contact pops out it should catch it before it gets loose.

This:

edgar1.jpg&width=640&height=480

I tried the Wind Jacket, but they felt way to bulky to be comfortable while playing football.. Are those Jawbones Edgar Davids is wearing? So, Racing Jacket it is I guess. :p

Also, I thought the Wind Jackets were Split Jackets with a gasket? Not Racing Jackets?

The one thing that I didn't like while trying on the Racing Jackets was that I felt like they closed out my peripheral vision, the Radarlock's obviously won't have that problem, I guess I'll have to choose between better peripheral vision or a more tolerance for wind/chance of catching the contact lenses.

Edgar Davids use to wear the original Water Jackets years ago. He looked so cool in them too & then never budged from his facethanks to the strap also.
I would second that, I think he wears another brand when he plays these days but late 90s he was often wearing the original racing/water jackets, always looked cool.

Back