• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Holbrook Should I Buy?

kylem

Oakley Beginner
So i am new here and also a recent Oakley customer. Got my first pair of Oakleys two days ago. I got the Holbrooks in matte black with silver Oakley O's on the side. I love them for how light they are and comfortable. The thing is that i am contemplating on getting the polarized version which has polished black finish instead of a matte. I like the matte since it doesn't attract fingerprints and doesn't scratch like the polished finish but it still looks nice. It's just that i don't need the polarization. So the extra $50 in my mind isn't really worth it. But what do you think? I was also deciding on getting the clear with chrome iridium lenses. Those seem like they might be a little risky for me but i love those chrome lenses.

are you looking for a new pair sunnies or would you just swapping lenses?!?
in this way you could stay with the matte black frame . . . and replacement lenses are available
the clear fram is not option if you will wear it in the sun. it´s a bit irritating, if the sun goes through the frame.

Well i decided i want to get the chrome iridium replacement lenses if anything. But they do cost $55 and at the moment i don't have that kind of money to waste. Any place i can get them for cheaper? Or can they customize it in the store even though i already bought it? I also never seen a customization option for these on the website.

So i am new here and also a recent Oakley customer. Got my first pair of Oakleys two days ago. I got the Holbrooks in matte black with silver Oakley O's on the side. I love them for how light they are and comfortable. The thing is that i am contemplating on getting the polarized version which has polished black finish instead of a matte. I like the matte since it doesn't attract fingerprints and doesn't scratch like the polished finish but it still looks nice. It's just that i don't need the polarization. So the extra $50 in my mind isn't really worth it. But what do you think? I was also deciding on getting the clear with chrome iridium lenses. Those seem like they might be a little risky for me but i love those chrome lenses.

Frogskins

well, aftermarket lenses are cheaper. if that's up your alley. but i would stick to replacement lenses. 55 bucks ain't much, and i swapped in chrome lenses into my matte black frame "splatterbrook" as well. and they are sweet as!

Get the Chrome lenses....a lot cheaper than a new pair and they look sharp :p

img0304sq.th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back