• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Juliets are Unicorns?

• Thread starter Sc'O'user
  • Start date
If you don't mind me asking, What is confusing about the title? I'm asking the question, which Juliets, in the opinion of the collectors are the rarest one's.
I personally don't wear Juliets as I find the orbital a little small, hence, I've sold all the pairs I had, but, i would like to add one of the rarer ones to my collection for display purposes only, at some point in the near future.

Your title says “which juliet is YOUR unicorn”. Basically asking me which of the juliets I own I would consider MY unicorn. I had this whole huge triumphant paragraph typed up and then I read your post and realized you were asking which juliet in general was a unicorn. Then I had to delete everything I typed. Then I got sad. :(

Your title says “which juliet is YOUR unicorn”. Basically asking me which of the juliets I own I would consider MY unicorn. I had this whole huge triumphant paragraph typed up and then I read your post and realized you were asking which juliet in general was a unicorn. Then I had to delete everything I typed. Then I got sad. :(
You could have posted your reply my friend, I'm always interested in the thoughts and opinions of the great forum members, this is how we all broaden our knowledge, I've learnt many things about Oakley and the xmetal range since joining by reading threads just like this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Added a better pic of the light blue...

e33eedae771132e6fac814f20e85524f.jpg

Released or prototype that was never released?

Corvette etched Juliet

Juliet - Titanium - Ruby Corvette with lens etching. Not a prototype but a commemorative 50th anniversary pair from Oakley to Corvette drivers, only issued in this manner so never available to the public. There are at least three etching styles that I know of, and have read somewhere on the O Review that there were five different etchings within the 50 pieces made. Certainly a grail pair elusive in the extreme.

UNICORN JULIETS. Released with sku production pairs.

3. Brown - VR28 Black 04-129 especially rare with a matching serial, most don't match
2. X Metal - Gold 04-112 No surprise there is no 'owners list' thread for this pair!
1. Carbon - Ruby 24-088 Brazil exclusive. I have searched since it's release to no avail, can't even name anyone with a pair, and no pics other
than the original Nilson Joias web images when it was available via that store

UNICORN JULIETS. Unreleased (no sku)

The major problem is concrete proof that the colourway is a genuine Oakley manufactured product. As there is no sku, label, or box, the pathway is open for third party custom pairs to be touted as real, so even if a pair is of company origin the integrity can be diminished by lack of evidence. One pair I would suggest as a unicorn is Titanium - Ruby CORVETTE with lens etched, it's the etching that carries the weight of authenticity as that would be just about impossible to replicate. In the wider comparable X Metal field, UNICORN examples would include Penny - Carbon - +Red with the Huney Monkey/Total_o style labelled box, R1 - Black Chrome, and R2 Polished - Slate ICHIRO lens etched. Even a Copper R1, or any 'colour' frame like the Purple and Blue Juliets would seem near impossible to confirm with life saving certainty are Nevada plant, factory, Oakley created product. THE X-MAN asked "is there any kind of provenance with those pairs?", to which the reply from knonin323 was "just the attached tag and the credibility of the seller". I would believe there is a need for more assurance to confirm a pair is filed under 'unicorn'.

Last edited:
THE X-MAN asked "is there any kind of providence with those pairs?", to which the reply from knonin323 was "just the attached tag and the credibility of the seller". I would believe there is a need for more assurance to confirm a pair is filed under 'unicorn'.

Unfortunately this is my opinion as well. The word of another collector isn't sufficient these days and usually stronger provenence is required. It's not that the owner of the 'rare' pair is deceptive but rather the person they got it from or the person before that may have been deceptive. Always protect yourself with strong proof when buying supposedly factory custom pairs.

A small handful of OEM Ice and Fire Ducati lens are out there and those are unicorns

Juliet - Titanium - Ruby Corvette with lens etching. Not a prototype but a commemorative 50th anniversary pair from Oakley to Corvette drivers, only issued in this manner so never available to the public. There are at least three etching styles that I know of, and have read somewhere on the O Review that there were five different etchings within the 50 pieces made. Certainly a grail pair elusive in the extreme.

e3f881f12252bddb37014d6e94a609cd.jpg

Unfortunately this is my opinion as well. The word of another collector isn't sufficient these days and usually stronger provenence is required. It's not that the owner of the 'rare' pair is deceptive but rather the person they got it from or the person before that may have been deceptive. Always protect yourself with strong proof when buying supposedly factory custom pairs.

A small handful of OEM Ice and Fire Ducati lens are out there and those are unicorns

Well being the owner of one of the original Purples, having Jim hold it at RED and saying how he recalled these “special” pairs is enough for me. I’d post a pic of Jim signing it but I prefer to honor his wishes of “no pictures on social media please” spoken to the group at RED.

Well being the owner of one of the original Purples, having Jim hold it at RED and saying how he recalled these “special” pairs is enough for me. I’d post a pic of Jim signing it but I prefer to honor his wishes of “no pictures on social media please” spoken to the group at RED.

Yea, if the creator of Oakley says it and signs it, that would be the only proof you need ;) or anybody needs

Back