• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Juliets do I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwassy

Oakley Beginner
Hey there! New to the forum. I have some Juliets from a decade+ ago that I've worn inconsistently. They were originally built with prescription lenses but when I got Lasik last year I bought some ruby iridium replacement lenses from Oakley. I recently discovered that these might be worth something, so I want to sell them to fund a new pair of Two Face Prizm. Can you please identify them and suggest what might be an appropriate selling price?

I would say frames and original rubber are 8 or 8.5/10, lenses are 9.5/10. I still have the original bag and case, though the zipper on the case is broken. There's also some noticeable play on the right eye of the frame -- they could probably use a tuneup. Does it make sense to send them in for a tuneup before selling them, or sell them just as is?

Photos here: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Thanks!

Hey there! New to the forum. I have some Juliets from a decade+ ago that I've worn inconsistently. They were originally built with prescription lenses but when I got Lasik last year I bought some ruby iridium replacement lenses from Oakley. I recently discovered that these might be worth something, so I want to sell them to fund a new pair of Two Face Prizm. Can you please identify them and suggest what might be an appropriate selling price?

I would say frames and original rubber are 8 or 8.5/10, lenses are 9.5/10. I still have the original bag and case, though the zipper on the case is broken. There's also some noticeable play on the right eye of the frame -- they could probably use a tuneup. Does it make sense to send them in for a tuneup before selling them, or sell them just as is?

Photos here: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Thanks!

Try uploading the pics directly to the forum; some (like me) have image hosting sites blocked on our network.

Are they serialed? If so, what's the serial?

A tuneup's about a $50 swing in price, whether you invest it up front or knock it off the price. Without seeing them and just from your description, I'd guess in the $250 - $300 range as-is.

Photos. Serial is J1082946A

IMG_0809.JPG

IMG_0810.JPG

IMG_0811.JPG

IMG_0812.JPG

I would say the serial actually starts with JI, not J1, as in JI082946A. The numeric part of the serials are six digits and "J" serials had an x-metal finish. "JI" serials had a plasma finish, as these do. The "A" at the end means it's 2nd generation.

It looks like you're missing at least one of the orbital gaskets.

I think my earlier valuation stands, though more likely in the lower part of that range.

Are you sure you don't want to keep them and just save up for the Two Face? They'll retain value over time much better than the Two Face...

I know they'll hold their value much better than the Two Face, but I don't think they look that great on me...maybe I'll hold onto them for a bit and see if they grow on me. If I hold onto them for my own use, is the tune up worth it?

If I hold onto them for my own use, is the tune up worth it?

Depends on how they fit on you. If they're comfortable and don't slide off, there's no need to tune yet.

Personally I put mine on the top of my head when I walk indoors, and when they get too loose to not keep sliding down, it's tuneup time.

I would say the serial actually starts with JI, not J1, as in JI082946A. The numeric part of the serials are six digits and "J" serials had an x-metal finish. "JI" serials had a plasma finish, as these do. The "A" at the end means it's 2nd generation.

It looks like you're missing at least one of the orbital gaskets.

I think my earlier valuation stands, though more likely in the lower part of that range.

Are you sure you don't want to keep them and just save up for the Two Face? They'll retain value over time much better than the Two Face...

I'm in awe of you....how do you know so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back