• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which model (Flak 2.0 XL?) and which prescription lenses?

caijul

Oakley Enthusiast
Hello everyone!

I'm from Rio de Janeiro - Brazil. Summer is coming and the sun is shining to the fullest.

I wear multifocal graduated lenses 6 years ago and today I am 52. You are geared towards sports with road cycling, mountain biking and trail running.

Researching and testing oakley models I understand that I have adapted very well and very comfortably to the Flak 2.0 XL. I know there are other models more specific for cycling, for example Jawbreaker, Flight jacket, Field Jacket, Radar, but as far as I can tell, they are not the best examples for prescriptions of graduated lenses, besides being very flashy for daily use out of sports.

I've been testing a friend's polarized prizm daily (no prescription) lenses and disliked rainbow effect on some cars' windshields and on my iphone screen.

I do not much like the mirrored look of iridium.

So, counting on an experience from you, I would like to receive opinions and advice on:

1 - Agreeing for sports activities Flak 2.0 XL is a choice for multifocal graduated lenses or for other models;

2- What would be multifocal prescription lenses that meet my needs (prizm, not prizm, iridim, iridium free, polarized ...), which they accept prescriptions;

3- I think of two sets of lenses, one photochromic for dawn and dusk and one for more general use for brighter lights;

4- If you could have only one lens what it would be, and if you could have two.

Feel free to contact me about some help about Rio de Janeiro (cllaudiolessa@globo.com).

What are your advice?

Thanks in advance for all contributions.

Claudio

@Chris A Hardaway is a great resource, did three sets of RX lenses for me on the Flak 2.0. Not sure if he has it anymore, but OO Black Iridium is one of my favorite lens tints. Can’t go wrong with plain black iridium either. Depends on your preference I guess...would you like something with contrast? Most of the prizm lenses seem to have a rose tint.

I use OO BIP for driving primarily, but use it for cycling when needed as well. A little too dark for riding in the forest, but it still works for most purposes.

Prizm Sapphire is also great, though it’s pretty flashy. Another versatile lens though.

Best of luck!

Thank you Zax!

Good to know you liked his work.

I have read a lot and found many praising BPI precisely because of this versatility. My question is if it gets too mirrored. Prizm Road, Prizm Field and Prizm Daily Polarized have also been praised for the same reason. I will try to delve into the characteristics of each one.

Prizm Saphire is beautiful in the ads but I have my doubts if it will not be very flashy.

Zax, my tendency, at least up to this point, will be to avoid the polarized ones because of the screens, as well as those with iridium because of the mirroring. But look, as I still lack deep knowledge about these two aspects, I prefer to research more and rely on the knowledge of all of you.

But thank you very much for your appointment of @Chris A Hardaway and for making your knowledge available.

What do you think of Prizm Black, without Polarized?

Please, everyone, excuse my English. He is not my native language.

Claudio.

Thank you Zax!

Good to know you liked his work.

I have read a lot and found many praising BPI precisely because of this versatility. My question is if it gets too mirrored. Prizm Road, Prizm Field and Prizm Daily Polarized have also been praised for the same reason. I will try to delve into the characteristics of each one.

Prizm Saphire is beautiful in the ads but I have my doubts if it will not be very flashy.

Zax, my tendency, at least up to this point, will be to avoid the polarized ones because of the screens, as well as those with iridium because of the mirroring. But look, as I still lack deep knowledge about these two aspects, I prefer to research more and rely on the knowledge of all of you.

But thank you very much for your appointment of @Chris A Hardaway and for making your knowledge available.

What do you think of Prizm Black, without Polarized?

Please, everyone, excuse my English. He is not my native language.

Claudio.
I like Prizm Black. Still neutral, with what seems like a hint of that rosey tint. Could just be me, although I’ve never really tried comparing it. I’ve got a pair, I’ll look at it in the light tomorrow.

Not too heavy of a mirror either. Field and Road may be too light for everyday use, but they’re really nice lenses. I use Prizm Road almost 9/10 times I go out biking/running.

Studying Black lenses:

Black Iridium / gray base / contrast neutral / 11% / protection index 3
Black Iridium Polarized / gray base / contrast neutral / 10% / protection index 3
Prizm Black / gray base / contrast increased / 11% / protection index 3
Prizm Black Polarized / gray base / contrast increased / 11% / protection index 3

I do not think there was any missing black, or was it missing?

Studying Black lenses:

Black Iridium / gray base / contrast neutral / 11% / protection index 3
Black Iridium Polarized / gray base / contrast neutral / 10% / protection index 3
Prizm Black / gray base / contrast increased / 11% / protection index 3
Prizm Black Polarized / gray base / contrast increased / 11% / protection index 3

I do not think there was any missing black, or was it missing?
Looks about right.

Back