• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which One Next??

AusOakley

I should Work at Oakley
Sydney, Australia
While on holidays in Vegas and LA I purchased 2 Juliet's and one x squared. While there are still a few Juliet's I want to track down i was just wondering which way I should go. I want to get some if not all of the ichiros the carbon ducati, ti02. Which one should I try to track down first?

For me, there is a list of things I want I can get and things I want I probably couldn't get. Ichiros fit into the second category, as much as I want them I probably won't get them for a decent price. I am sorta in two minds about the Ducati as I have a regular carbon Juliet but I suppose that's like having different colour ways of one particular pair. With the ti02 I'm not keen on the stock lenses but unsure as to what else would go of I could get my hands on one

Black or VR28 Black Iridium looks good on the Ti02. So does Ice actually. Titanium, or Tungsten are also options. :)

+1

I like Ti02 frames with understated black/silver/gray lenses. Another color is just too much IMHO.

I'm glad that you scored some items on your trip- when I saw your earlier posts I was afraid that your trips would be for naught.

Any boxed Ichiro appears to be worth $500 and up now. A pair of scratched emerald/polished went a couple of days ago for $680 and that pair of polished/ blue iridium (in pretty mint condition) went for $880 I believe.

I'm sure that Martin has the complete stats. :biggrin:

Black or VR28 Black Iridium looks good on the Ti02. So does Ice actually. Titanium, or Tungsten are also options. :)

Here is my Ti02 Juliet and XX with VR28.....I love the look of a darker lens in these but the 28's are very nice!!!

aeff65b4-72b4-e3f1.jpg

aeff65b4-7329-54a7.jpg

+1

I like Ti02 frames with understated black/silver/gray lenses. Another color is just too much IMHO.

I'm glad that you scored some items on your trip- when I saw your earlier posts I was afraid that your trips would be for naught.

Any boxed Ichiro appears to be worth $500 and up now. A pair of scratched emerald/polished went a couple of days ago for $680 and that pair of polished/ blue iridium (in pretty mint condition) went for $880 I believe.

I'm sure that Martin has the complete stats. :biggrin:
I didn't expect much being that I only went to one store and one vault but they had more than I thought, nothing special though. Spent a bit shopping in Vegas and now in la just doing the tourist thing. Also picked up 2 rolling suitcases mostly just to fit all the extra pieces we got, me with my glasses and my wife with her handbags,clothes,purses. Just wish I had gotten into x metals sooner.

Here is my Ti02 Juliet and XX with VR28.....I love the look of a darker lens in these but the 28's are very nice!!!

aeff65b4-72b4-e3f1.jpg

aeff65b4-7329-54a7.jpg

That's pretty much what I was talking about, the TiO2 Juliets that RubySkull sent me have Titanium Iridium lenses and they look a lot like the VR28's but more mirror-y. And look bangin'. And not that I don't appreciate the XX TiO2 and the BI sometimes when I want to make a stronger visual statement.

My sentiment is that when you get too far out of that spectrum that you rob the TiO2's of their understated beauty. But then again I feel that this is my natural colorway.

Lastly, is that the flash or are those nosepieces that different in darkness? If so I'd consider switching lenses and frames- my .02.

Just wish I had gotten into x metals sooner.

+1

These pairs are exactly the same. No color variations at all. Only difference is the model. Both have VR28 BI....must be the lighting......

Back