• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which One Should I Keep? (Racing Jackets Inside)

Jorge Gutierrez

Oakley Beginner
Hi, first post here. Not really an Oakley enthusiast but I do have a couple before this latest purchase.

The purpose of these glasses will be strictly cycling. A little about my setup: white helmet / white bike.

Naturally I would like for the glasses to match so I have made white sort of a requirement.

This is what I have purchased but will only keep one. Why didn't I get a Jawbone and customize it instead? because it's being discontinued and it makes more sense to buy the "new" model for the same or slightly higher price.

$220. 2 lenses (Jade and clear)
photo2.jpg

$355. 2 lenses (transitions and the one pictured, don't remember name)
photo3.jpg

-----

-I'm not crazy about the green accents on the first one. And it's hard to find thru bolts locally and they're $30 online. Does the Racing Jacket and the Jawbone share these components? I was told in the Oakley store they are not interchangeable, but then again the girl also told me the lenses were not interchangeable either and they clearly are.

-Not sure how I feel the black jaws on the white/black one. Maybe it'll grow on me but for the money I'm spending I have to LOVE it to keep it.

Opinions welcomed!

Thanks

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 257
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 345
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 219
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 219
The lenses, bolts, jaws, and ear socks will work on both the jawbone and racing jackets. You can't change the icons between the two. If you ever feel the need to sell those green racing jacket icons and thru bolts, let me know, I've been looking for a set.

I'm leaning towards the first one too, it's just so much cheaper and I really don't need the transitions as nice as they may be.

Question - which finish will last longer / is more durable: matte or polished?