• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Plasma Is This?

13ThirtySeven

Oakley Beginner
I have noticed several different plasma finishes but which one do I have on this pair of Juliets.
I have tried to research it by the different model numbers mine is an 04-123 according to the box and the original lenses which were included in my purchase, even though there is no saving them.

IMG_1652.jpg

Any thoughts or discussion about this would be greatly appreciated this is my second pair of X-Metals, my first plasma.

I believe those what you have there is a 1st gen (if that's what you are asking) My Juliet Plasma w/Ice Polarized are 04-153 (2nd gen)

No serial on these though... If it was supposed to have a serial It does not now, maybe it had its arms replaced but all the plasma is the same color and the same finish all the way around even under the rubber parts.

Well I am happy to report that the frame is tight the rubbers are in great condition, the color of the plasma is very cool I would say based on photos I prefer it to the current plasma no offense. Overall I think I lucked out in getting a first gen in such good shape with a matching box. I possibly paid less then what a lot of other pairs of this generation would cost. :cool-20:
Thanks all for your input and thoughts on the subject, I was assuming that it was early plasma but I wanted the community opinion on the matter first.

I don't have to, I've worked in the business for almost 7 years. I meant to say it wouldn't have a SN unless it was a numbered edition which would also come with a COA. Not to mention, Oakley doesn't do numbered editions anymore.

so what you are basically saying is.. it wont be numbered, unless its numbered. good logic...

i dunno where you work, but serialised xmetals did not come with any "COA", they were simply the ones produced before ~2004, when they stopped serialising the frames. you yourself said theyre gen 1's, so then why are they not serialised? your "explaination" goes nowhere as to identifying the nature of this frame in question.

the unserialised frames later picked up frame size and SKU etchings in the last generation, which took the location of the original serial numbers.

and besides, not serialising the frames is old news...xmetals are not even being produced anymore.

I don't have to, I've worked in the business for almost 7 years. I meant to say it wouldn't have a SN unless it was a numbered edition which would also come with a COA. Not to mention, Oakley doesn't do numbered editions anymore.

Lol. You have no idea what you're talking about

Latest Posts

Back