• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Prizm Lenses do you recommend?

rouv90

Oakley Beginner
Hey Guys,

while doing some research i found this forum here where I began do some research but couldn´t find a real answer.
I´m from Germany and i´m used to some RayBans which I actually don´t really like so much anymore. There are heavy, always falling of when i have sporty activities and lenses are scratching really fast.

I began to test some Oakleys but faced different stupid issues. Using the official site finding out my local dealers I went so them in Düsseldorf.

First one was reconstruction and had been closed. 2nd had no Oakleys anymore (but still listened as a distributor) 3rd had exactly 2 sunglasses and the last one just one model.

I started to do some internet research but had been unsure about the fitting. I have a wide head. Anyhow I ordered the Oakley Radar EV with the Prizm Road Lense.

Like i thought already they are to small and I become pains in my head as soon as they are on. Pressuring against my pulse very strong....BUT i fall in love with the PRIZM. I saw the pictures and markting stuff which I thought is pure marketing but it was really impressive how the contrast became better.

So i have to send them back and order new ones which first of all fit my head and I´m asking you guys for my ideal lenses? For your very subjective but here are my specs:

- Car driving (1-2h every day on german high ways [and yes. We have unlimited speed and i like to use this :p])
- Beeing out with the dog or doing work in the garden
- Beeing in the City/shopping etc.
- Fishing

It´s less MTB, Running or walks through the forrest with a lot of different shadows. I think the Prizm Sapphire could be good? Or Prizm Black ( what´s the difference here?)

Sorry for language mistakes or wordings :p. Germany is not Oakley-aware and we don´t have own a Forum.

best,

Hey Guys,

while doing some research i found this forum here where I began do some research but couldn´t find a real answer.
I´m from Germany and i´m used to some RayBans which I actually don´t really like so much anymore. There are heavy, always falling of when i have sporty activities and lenses are scratching really fast.

I began to test some Oakleys but faced different stupid issues. Using the official site finding out my local dealers I went so them in Düsseldorf.

First one was reconstruction and had been closed. 2nd had no Oakleys anymore (but still listened as a distributor) 3rd had exactly 2 sunglasses and the last one just one model.

I started to do some internet research but had been unsure about the fitting. I have a wide head. Anyhow I ordered the Oakley Radar EV with the Prizm Road Lense.

Like i thought already they are to small and I become pains in my head as soon as they are on. Pressuring against my pulse very strong....BUT i fall in love with the PRIZM. I saw the pictures and markting stuff which I thought is pure marketing but it was really impressive how the contrast became better.

So i have to send them back and order new ones which first of all fit my head and I´m asking you guys for my ideal lenses? For your very subjective but here are my specs:

- Car driving (1-2h every day on german high ways [and yes. We have unlimited speed and i like to use this :p])
- Beeing out with the dog or doing work in the garden
- Beeing in the City/shopping etc.
- Fishing

It´s less MTB, Running or walks through the forrest with a lot of different shadows. I think the Prizm Sapphire could be good? Or Prizm Black ( what´s the difference here?)

Sorry for language mistakes or wordings :p. Germany is not Oakley-aware and we don´t have own a Forum.

best,

I will always say Deep Water Prizm as it's my current favorite all around lens. Sapphire and Black are also excellent lenses. They are all a gray base so the difference is in how much light they let in. DWP and Sapphire are 12% and Black is 11% so will be slightly darker.

If the Radar EV are too tight for your head, you could look into the M2 model which might be slightly wider if you prefer the single lens design. Jawbreaker would be another one to look into, as the temple stems on those are thinner so that feeling of pressure on your temples shouldn't be as much of an issue. Drop Point or Double Edge are two of the larger sized models out there, QLR1 might have some other suggestions for some larger-noggin friendly models, besides those.

I agree Deep Water Prizm is a excellent lens, and great for daily use even if you're not by the water. Prizm Daily Polarized is another great option, not at flashy but very versatile in terms of weather conditions it can be worn in.

Tungsten polarized are my favorite Prizm right now. It’s a contrast lens and colors really pop. It casts a golden-hour hue to the environment and makes being in full sun much less irritating. I also find them easy to leave on and still see when I go into the store.

The Asian Fit Radar EV sits more relaxed and does not press against the sides of the head as much so that can be an option.

Tungsten polarized are my favorite Prizm right now. It’s a contrast lens and colors really pop. It casts a golden-hour hue to the environment and makes being in full sun much less irritating. I also find them easy to leave on and still see when I go into the store.
I need to try this lens.

I just got a set of tungsten prizm polarized for Holbrook’s I’m trying to figure out what to do with haha maybe I should try them out

Thanks for your help guys.
The Tungsten i think i won´t like. I got similar ones but i don´t really like this bronze color.

I ordered now the Holbrook Mix with Prizm Sapphire Polarized for 110€. I will let you guys know!

btw:
Isn´t the Asian Fit more tight? My assumption is that asian have more skinny faces then others.

All the Prizm Polarized options are excellent choices. The main differences between each lens (besides the iridium coating on the outside) is both the base tint of the lenses, be it Rose tinted or bronze tinted, and its rate of light transmission (how dark the lens is). Like other members said, Prizm Deep Water Polarized is a great all around lens. Has a rose tint that brings out great contrast similar to road, but less purple when you look through it. Plus its not too dark where you can still wear them when its cloudy, and will make the dull colors pop. And since its a Polarized lens its excellent for driving. And when you go fishing, you will literally see right through the water. Hope this helps

Back