• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Prizm Sunglasses for Snow / Ski

Oakley is the best decision . I have Oakley Radar Path . It is really lightweight and durable and these tough one from Oakley have got you covered on both of these. This is an amazing but effective pair .
These are very cool and comfortable when wearing them and they will also give your eyes protection from not only UV rays but several other potentially hazardous light rays too. There is also some optional padding for the nose if that is what you like and these can even have prescription lenses put in them too.

I am having the same problem deciding on a lens for skiing. I contacted Oakley and they recommended the Jade or Sapphire Iridium. I ski in and out of the sun and shade and want to be able to see in the flat light and see the contrast of the snow. I do not "do" goggles so any further suggestions? I am looking at the half jacket so there are lots of lens choices.

The Prizm Sapphire Snow is awesome in snow situations with varying light. They make it much easier to see the condition of the upcoming snow. The problem is it is not available in many frames. If you are willing to rock an EVzero, I would highly recommend them...:cool-20:

I've been less than happy with Prizm Daily in the snow. It's a pleasant lens, but not overly useful in the contrast department.

The snow lenses are heaps better. The Windjacket 2.0 and M Frame Alpha come with goggle Prizm lenses, with a much stronger rose base even in the darker Black Iridium tints.

I am having the same problem deciding on a lens for skiing. I contacted Oakley and they recommended the Jade or Sapphire Iridium. I ski in and out of the sun and shade and want to be able to see in the flat light and see the contrast of the snow. I do not "do" goggles so any further suggestions? I am looking at the half jacket so there are lots of lens choices.

There is a Prizm snow lens for sunglasses. It is available in the Radar EV, Jawbreaker and is coming for the Radar this month (according to Oakley Europe), I tried a demo set last year. I'm not sure about the Half jacket. Tint is pink like the Prizm goggles and works well with snow to increase contrast. It might not be available on their website, but give them a call and ask.

There is a Prizm snow lens for sunglasses. It is available in the Radar EV, Jawbreaker and is coming for the Radar this month (according to Oakley Europe), I tried a demo set last year. I'm not sure about the Half jacket. Tint is pink like the Prizm goggles and works well with snow to increase contrast. It might not be available on their website, but give them a call and ask.

Thanks I will look at those. I am female with a small face so frame size is an issue and of course style.

Thanks I will look at those. I am female with a small face so frame size is an issue and of course style.

Most of Norways national x-country womens ski team use Radar EV and Radar/Radarlocks so both those should work ok for you. Most have switched to Prizm snow lenses as well this season ;)

Most of Norways national x-country womens ski team use Radar EV and Radar/Radarlocks so both those should work ok for you. Most have switched to Prizm snow lenses as well this season ;)
Any suggestion on lens selection or this their just one for snow?

Found them disregard. Thanks!

Just one Radar EV on Oakley.com, but if you don't want white frames give them a call and see if you can get a custom Radar EV with the prizm snow lens ;) The EV is part of their custom program so it should be doable ;)

Back