• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Ruby Lenses?

Silent Oz

Oakley Expert
Co. Durham, UK
Hey all,

i want to get some ruby lenses for my carbon juliets. my preference would be OEM Oakley lenses but the ruby iridium lenses on the Oakley website dont look very ruby coloured, at least in the picture provided. I've seen a few posts from people recommending VL aftermarket lenses and then some saying exovista, but i dont know which way to go...

So my question, or questions are which do i go for? do the genuine ones look better in real life than the pictures? Or is there another good contender apart from VL or Exovista?

I would appreciate any and all opinions

Oz

do not get the exovista they are not very good quality they look hazy while looking thru them. the Oakley lenses are hit or miss some look like fire iridium some are darker ruby

You can't go by the pics on the Oakley website, those are computer generated. You're never gonna find a better lens than the original OEM. Putting fake lenses in your Juliets, of all frames, is like putting go carts on your Mustang GT!

Thanks for the ideas, i think i probably will stick with OEM. Might go with the ice blue for now, they look pretty sweet!

I saw in an old post somewhere that Oakley used to do deeper ruby lenses a few years back, around the time of the X-men films? maybe i'll get lucky and find a pair second hand

Thanks for the ideas, i think i probably will stick with OEM. Might go with the ice blue for now, they look pretty sweet!

I saw in an old post somewhere that Oakley used to do deeper ruby lenses a few years back, around the time of the X-men films? maybe i'll get lucky and find a pair second hand

current ones can be pretty dark too. it just varies between batches. if youre in store, you can ask to see the stock they have..

Definitely check the OEM's I got the real red with no purple- People call it Fruby(firish ruby) I prefer it -on my SJ's a couple times then got a pair just maybe 3 months ago and they were the deeper almost +Red ones people love on here Its all random...was gonna switch them out then decided they were pretty cool...I got Flaks customedand got a refund -the entire lens was- Blue-not quite ice but not any kind of "red" No Purple no Red...got some on Ebay fron person with little feedback Perfect Red/Purple like true +Red...There seems to be more variation lately...one of my Emerald Pairs is silvery green and other is nice Emerald...but to sum it up stay with OEM if u can Those other companies give me a headache literally. Store here knows me and will go through each batch til tey get what I like and then call me...try the stores for sure and people on here maybe... "hit or miss" is exactly right.

I definitely wouldn't go with VL lenses if there is the opportunity to buy OEM ones. Yeah you pay more but there is a reason. I have a pair of VL lenses in my Spikes because I can't get OEM ones and they just aren't as clear or have as strong polarisation as the OEM lenses.

As people say the "rubyness" varies from batch to batch. The ruby on my OilRigs is very different to the Fire of my half jackets but I've seen some Ruby thats very close to Fire

Neil

Back