• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Ruby Lenses?

Are they for display, or to wear? If you're going to wear them, I'd suggest going with OEM. No aftermarket can compete with the optics of Oakley.

To wear. The sense i'm getting is that OEM is the way forward, its just a shame the after market ones have a shade i prefer over the current OEM. But as people have pointed out it varies by batch, so i remain hopefully of finding OEM's with a good colouring :)

You're welcome. He's a member here and does some great work. I'm going to get some of these lenses, they look pretty good. Esp compared to the fruby batches getting around.

Yeah i have to agree, having had a good look at his website this guy is my new hero, will be getting those poz red ones, the jade ones look pretty sweet too!

Here some pics for your reference. (pics c/o of me btw) On all of my x-metals this are the Ruby head turners from my collection

1st Gen Ruby Lenses on Carbon Juliet
5871772453_142b57b96f_z.jpg

Deep Red +Red Iridium Lenses on Titanium Oakley Penny
5795779858_1d48dba286_z.jpg

Me wearing 1st Gen Ruby Lenses on Oakley Penny Copper
7765422806_799e32911d.jpg

I just posted a pic of my Juliets with original ruby iridium and fire iridium lenses, as well as walleva ice blue... They definitively look better in ruby, but I still wish the color was deeper, they have a yellowish tint that I couldnt say I love and from a certain angle they look more orange than red... But they have a superior quality over the blue wallevas and that's what is most important after all... Thats why I havent got a deeper ruby aftermarket lenses.
You can check the pics at my post here:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/recent-x-metal-purchases/12673-my-new-juliet-3-different-colors.html

Ruby or Emerald Factory lenses are the way to go. If you want perfection and something very few people have See Dr Chop. Google it and you will se wonders on his website. + red or Jade would be killer in those. This is my plan to do myself.

Latest Posts

Back