• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Which Sellers Do You Trust? Here's Cacatman's Top 28 People I think I can trust to buy from! 😂

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Updated 20th September, 2023 by @cacatman

NEW FEATURE
Click this link to get ONLY the TRADING THREADS of the TOP 29 TRUSTED SELLERS!

This is a List of Trusted SELLERS. Please keep that in mind when you write a recommendation.

A blacklist of bad sellers is not permitted on O.F., but if you want a list of eBay/other sellers you should take extra precautions with, there are ways to find out (by PM) ;).

Introduction
The scope is concerning financial trustworthiness only.

When you're buying (or selling), it's hard to know who to trust. Especially if you're new. When you buy, you're "protected" by PayPal because if you buy via G & S, then if the seller doesn't post to you, you're not stuffed. Some reasons why I still think this particular list is useful are here.

In the words of @THEGROUNDPOUNDER99, "There's plenty of good sellers and buyers here so I could give two sh!ts who's on or off the list". Fair enough. I still think these lists can be useful.

If you can honestly vouch for someone who I haven't included, feel free to put their names in the comments (but please make sure you'd answer the last 2 questions in green below, with a "Yes"!).

If you're not on it, it doesn't mean you're not trustworthy. It just means no one has vouched for you. If you WERE on the list, and are no longer on it at time of checking, then it means I've received information where I judged you to be untrustworthy. Usually, I will just quietly remove a name (only one to date).

To Get Onto This List Answer 2 Questions:-

1. "Would I send them USD$1,000 via F & F" and not have a sleepless night wondering if I was going to have the item posted back to me, even if it was late?

2. Would I be willing to underwrite a deal they did with another member ie. could I vouch for them?

Cacatman's Whitelist of 29 Sellers I Think You Can Trust (in alphabetical order)

1. @Beardo0628 (one of the most generous guys you'll ever have the privilege of running into!) (also vouched for by @mich)
  2. @BigRabbit (bought and sold more expensive unique and unobtainable pieces than anyone I know. Want to know what this guy is really like? Go here to see just how big this guy's heart is) (also vouched for by @oakman1992)
  3. @Chris A Hardaway (I'd estimate that he cuts probably 60% of all lenses custom cut on the forum. I heard that once he made a mistake. If he does, he fixes it....by buying the same lens and re-cutting it without contacting you. Also vouched for by @NuttyOAK13Y, @SEAN WAYNE, @dingo ate my baby)
  4. @Cutch22 (doesn’t exploit people). Absolutely does the RIGHT thing if something happens to go wrong.
  5. @Da veracity (this guy bent over backwards for fellow O.F. members paying upfront over $1000 of his own money before collecting money from us....and he DIDN'T even charge a spotters fee. Just passed on the discount!)
  6. @Dallas O Hog (also vouched for by @OakleyFrankFMJ who sent USD$4,500 F & F! Wow!)
  7. @GamerGuySam - Very generous with his time, humour and advice. WYSIWYG sort of guy. What you see is what you get (also vouched for by @lofty16)
  8. @htrap2294 - this US based Indian brother is a legend. Deal with him and you’ll see why. Most excellent fellow (also shares great deals with others) (Also vouched for by @oakman1992)
  9. @jdd32 - I've sent him quite a few items to be customised. Has come through every time!
  10. @JU-Apache - Very good communicator and a true gentleman!
  11. @oakleybezerk (formerly @mercberzerk) has one of the biggest collections and biggest reputations to uphold. Also vouched for by @Amak.2DK)
  12. @OakleyBoss - Never traded with this person. But hey, if you can't trust the creator of this site, who CAN you trust?
  13. @saulsaul (also vouched for by @Carrera1963 - goes over and above the call of duty!)
  14. @SiRacer420 (also vouched for by @NuttyOAK13Y, @Pospaintballer)
  15. @SEAN WAYNE - People use him as a "gateway" into Europe and have shipped him literally thousands of dollars worth of their items (also vouched for by @NuttyOAK13Y)
  16. @SoulFulFrog -A custom guy here that does decent work. Very trustworthy. He's forum staff, too, so if he rips you off, it's going to cost him his reputation!!!! (also vouched for by @Rcga32, @oakman1992)
  17. @Steven Goldberg - Buys and sells super-high-end watches. Just got into Oakleys. Totally trustworthy
  18. @THE X-MAN - Is one of the major players in the x-metal customising business on O.F.
  19. @Tidezealot (also vouched for by @NoFair, @Jon the Don)
  20. @Trucker360 - Is a redneck with a financial conscience
  21. @VolcanOG - Got out of the game a while back, but this guy is gold.
  22. @Wicked - Puts his money where his mouth is. 'Nuff said.
  23. @X-Metal Beast - The best guy I've ever dealt with here, in terms of trading (also vouched for by @NuttyOAK13Y, @qtobolo, @SEAN WAYNE, @THEGROUNDPOUNDER99)
  24. @Wavecloud - Very generous and helpful guy.
  25. @xmetal40 - Generous guy who doesn't take for granted true sacrifice. You have my admiration and in my book, you definitely deserve a place on this list.
  26. @Zax (also vouched for by @lofty) - Does a lot for this community behind the scenes. Honest hardworking dude who has a genuine love for Oakleys. Also does custom stuff including 3D printing as a hobby.
  27. @zcrxsi (also vouched for by @Cutch22, @SiRacer420)
  28. @zwc0442 - Does a heap of customisations (also vouched for by @Amak.2DK, @oakman1992)

Other O.F. Members Vouched For:-

1. @Aggie07 (vouched for by @Pospaintballer)
  2. @Ali Foam (vouched for by @Amanoramonkey, @THE X-MAN)
  3. @atty_65 (vouched for by @kronin323) - The reason you may not have seen him around recently is because he was much more active before 2016.
  4. @Bonz-1 (vouched for by @Chris515000)
  5. @Chet Manley (vouched for by @Cutch22, @SiRacer420, @oakman1992)
  6. @Chris Heinrich (vouched for by @SEAN WAYNE)
  7. @Codechimp08 (vouched for by @Chris A Hardaway)
  8. @DeepWaterVortex (vouched for by @Thx515000)
  9. @docrusty (vouched for by @Cutch22, @SiRacer420)
  10. @Dyeraudio (vouched for by @SiRacer420)
  11. @DrMike (vouched for by @qtobolo)
  12. @Fresh (vouched for by @Amanoramonkey)
  13. @GavinL (vouched for by @Rcga32)
  14. @GTgold (vouched for by @THEGROUNDPOUNDER99)
  15. @iamFLIP (vouched for by @ChinoTJ, @Chet Manley)
  16. @IAMOBS (vouched for by @htrap2294, @oakman1992)
  17. @Illinois999 (vouched for by @Chris A Hardaway)
  18. @IUSTEVE (vouched for by @joecool862)
  19. @Jacob Carstens (vouched for by @Mich)
  20. @Japanese Jellyfish (vouched for by @Bonz-1)
  21. @Jimbabwe (vouched for by @Chris A Hardaway)
  22. @Jmgarcia (vouched for by @Rcga32, @Thx515000, @Trucker360 )
  23. @Joshua Hanson (vouched for by @lofty16)
  24. @L5072 (vouched for by @Thx515000)
  25. @Lexkempo (vouched for by @Carrera1963 - goes over and above the call of duty!)
  26. @lithimus (vouched for by @Chris A Hardaway who shipped to him in Canada, no issues, multiple transactions)
  27. @Litos (vouched for by @Chris A Hardaway)
  28. @Lopaka KaMars (vouched for by @IAMOBS)
  29. @MarcelN (vouched for by @Rcga32)
  30. @Millertime2598 (vouched for by @lofty16)
  31. @mjt42 (vouched for by @Amanoramonkey, @Thx515000)
  32. @nino (vouched for by @NuttyOAK13Y "I would trust him with my life" (Ed note : I wish we could all HAVE a friend like that....and BE a friend like that!!))
  33. @NuttyOAK13Y (vouched for by @Amanoramonkey, @SEAN WAYNE, @Thx515000)
  34. @oakleybadman (vouched for by @saltparrot)
  35. @OakleyTrader15 (vouched for by @Blockster, @NuttyOAK13Y, @Rcga32)
  36. @oakman1992 (vouched for by @Chet Manley)
  37. @OakManTX (vouched for by @BigRabbit)
  38. @PapioXmetal (@THEGROUNDPOUNDER99, @Chris515000)
  39. @PitBoss (Vouched for by @SEAN WAYNE)
  40. @Pospaintballer (vouched for by @SiRacer420
  41. @Rotorhead (vouched for by @Rcga32)
  42. @scienergy (vouched for by @qtobolo)
  43. @Spenc (vouched for by @SEAN WAYNE)
  44. @STavros (vouched for by @SEAN WAYNE)
  45. @supersharp (vouched for by @Thx515000
  46. @The_Darkone (vouched for by @BigRabbit)
  47. @silverds (vouched for by @Chris A Hardaway)
  48. @The Dark Gnat (vouched for by @Chris A Hardaway)
  49. @THEGROUNDPOUNDER99 (vouched for by @SiRacer420)
  50. @Thx515000 (vouched for @GamerGuySam - "you can trust him with your glasses and your daughters". Thx, did this O-Bro a favour and drove 2.5 hours each way!!! (Ed. Note - Definitely deserves a place on this list!!))
  51. @tigbball5 (vouched for by @Rcga32)
  52. @Tomtucker (vouched for by @Rcga32)
  53. @Xformr (vouched for by @Chris A Hardaway)

Members Who (Ahem...) Vouched For Themselves:-
  1. @dingo ate my baby
  2. @OakleyPlateGuy
  3. @saltparrot
  4. @Jon the Don
  5. @pjd1234
  6. @Nucchem

WARNING - NEVER EVER EVER DEAL WITH:-
1. @Kashton/Don conn - Has not paid @THE X-MAN for work done. His username on eBay is "srogers75"

Beware!!!! As of 12th January, he's trying to sell an iPhone Max or a Samsung Note 9 on youtube!!

Also goes by the name of "Don Conn", "David Kashton", "Kashton".

Oakley Forum Threads About Him

See here for his bad watch deals. There were a few threads on O.F. that got nuked by the mods...

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/do-not-deal-dcj-don-conn-4322386.html

Deal Gone Very Bad with Don Conn aka DCJ - Watch Freeks

He tried to sell some of his stuff on other Oakley FaceBook sites, but when called out, also got banned when the mods checked out the story.

To be fair, he insists that he isn't the same guy (see picture below) as the person that shafted all those people with bad watch and Oakley deals.

You make up your mind.
screenshot_457-png-png.png

* "runors" = "rumours" (English)
* "f.uck" = swearword that makes you sound super tough
*I didn't get banned by the facebook sites after he "reported me".
*I admit it. I am a "f.ucking *******"

Disclaimer
This is NOT an exhaustive list.
    • This is NOT an exhaustive list and I have the penultimate say of what goes on this thread. If you don't like it, feel free to make your own thread!
    • There are 2 lists. One is the list that I am willing to vouch for myself. I have come to my own conclusions either directly or by observation. The second list are those who are "vouched for" by others. Because MY name is not attached to vouching for those particular people, it's not up to me if the basis of the recommendation is questionable or not. However, I will not put a name up if I have information that I feel disqualifies them from such a list.
    • Of course, it'd be way more simple to make a "Black-list" of people who allegedly have question marks over them, are super difficult to deal with, or are just outright crooks. But it's forbidden to "out" someone on Oakley Forum if you wish to retain membership (and not be disciplined by a Moderator).
    • I've never met any of the people I've bought/sold or dealt with here on the forum. And of course, it's still possible that any of the names below might go rogue and totally rip you off, after having conducted thousands of hassle free transactions. It has happened before.
    • But that can happen with your best buddy you see everyday (I mean, think of all the stories of people who ran off with their best mate's wife?!! In a way, I'd argue that you can't trust a mere human being TOTALLY! Who you can trust is another story for a different thread).
    • Having said that, some of them have become actual virtual friends who have genuinely enriched my life. You know who you are, and I won't embarrass you by stating your name(s).
    • I didn't really factor in the issue about description trustworthiness (good point raised by @lacampbell2005). To do so is extremely subjective. Also it would be unusual for a seller to describe their items accurately 100% of the time. I admit, that if they do "under-describe" scratches (for example) regularly, then this would give cause for consideration to be off this list (and I'd have to consider things case by case). If a seller made a mistake in their description, and acknowledged that mistake when sufficient proof was forwarded and according to community expectations, and then made amends as much as was reasonable (ie. did partial/total/in kind refunds or came to a mutual agreement and apologised etc) then I wouldn't see a reason to preclude them from this list. We all make mistakes from time to time. Some of the best sellers here have done that, which is why (the best ones (e.g. @X-Metal Beast) often offer a "money back guarantee" (once the item has been returned, of course)).
    • It is human to make mistakes. This is bound to happen if you sell enough things. You will NOT be removed from the list if you make a mistake. HOW you handle that mistake (once you are made aware) will determine if you remain on this list. I'm as susceptible as anyone else in making wrong decisions, but in the end, this is my list and I'm the one judging who is on it or not on it. IF you feel someone shouldn't be on it, you can PM confidentially with the information.
    • Of course, we'd rather not have to rely on trusting each other. It'd be easier to deal with them in person and give them cash! I'm sure sellers would prefer that too! While teleportation may be in the future, that that ain't the world of Oakley exchanges as of 2018, where rare stuff is the other side of the globe!
    • So this, my friends, is the next best option! All the best!!

Last edited:
Updated 3rd September, 2017.

If you can honestly vouch for someone who I haven't included, feel free to put their names in the comments.

When you're buying (or selling), it's hard to know who to trust. Especially if you're new.

When you buy, you're "protected" by PayPal because if you buy via G & S, then if the seller doesn't post to you, then you're not stuffed.

So, if I'm Protected, Why Do This List?
Well, if you've ever had to claim back from PayPal, it's a real pain in the O-ring (and by "O", I'm not referring to "orbital").

Firstly, it takes energy to lodge a dispute once you don't receive the item (which may be 3-4 weeks later). Secondly, it takes at least another month for you to get a ruling in your favour (after the seller has been given a lot of time to respond). Thirdly, believe it or not, sometimes, PayPal WILL NOT rule in your favour and you will have to appeal, which may take a longer period of time.

So, if you have a problem, it could take up to 3-4 months. In fact, I had one dispute that took 6 months to sort out before I got my AUD$3000 back, even though I paid via G & S!!!!!

Not only that, but if you have "technically" bought an item, you don't know whether you should hang on and wait till the issue is resolved, or hunt for another of the same item. Something suitable may pass you by during this time OR you could end up with 2 of the same items which is a pain and often, so unnecessary.

Of course, it'd be way more simple to make a "Black-list" of people who allegedly have question marks over them, are super difficult to deal with, or are just outright crooks. But it's forbidden to "out" someone on Oakley Forum if you wish to retain membership (and not be disciplined by a Moderator).

So I thought I'd create a more benign "White-list" (which may be deleted by a Mod...possibly).

Disclaimer

I've never met any of the people I've bought/sold or dealt with here on the forum. And of course, it's still possible that any of the names below might go rogue and totally rip you off, after having conducted thousands of hassle free transactions. It has happened before.

But that can happen with your best buddy you see everyday (I mean, think of all the stories of people who ran off with their best mate's wife?!! In a way, I'd argue that you can't trust a mere human being TOTALLY! Who you can trust is another story for a different thread).

Having said that, some of them have become actual virtual friends who have genuinely enriched my life. You know who you are, and I won't embarrass you by stating your name.

Of course, we'd rather not have to rely on trusting each other. It'd be easier to deal with them in person and give them cash! I'm sure they'd want to do that too! But that ain't the world of Oakley exchanges, where rare stuff is the other side of the globe!

So this, my friends, is the next best option!

To Get Onto This List, I Asked Myself Three Questions:-
1. Have I had sufficient dealings directly with them to trust them? (some people aren't on the list, not because they're not trustworthy, but because I just haven't had enough objective/trading experience with them e.g. @kronin323, @dingo ate my baby, @Leglessracing, @QLR1 or @Blondie1976)
2. "Would I send them USD$1,000 via F & F" and not have a sleepless night wondering if I was going to have the item posted back to me, even if it was late?
3. Would I be willing to underwrite a deal they did with another member ie. could I vouch for them?

If the answer to the last 2 questions was "Yes", they're on the list.

My Whitelist of 20 Sellers I Think You Can Trust (in alphabetical order)
  1. @BigRabbit
  2. @Chris A Hardaway
  3. @Da veracity
  4. @Dallas O Hog
  5. @jdd32
  6. @Linegear Japan
  7. @Lupetto
  8. @mercbezerk
  9. @OakleyBoss - Never traded with this person. But hey, if you can't trust the creator of this site, who CAN you trust?
  10. @saulsaul
  11. @SFFrog - He's a mod, too, so if he rips you off, it's going to cost him his reputation!!!!
  12. @SiRacer420
  13. @Steven Goldberg
  14. @THE X-MAN
  15. @Trucker360
  16. @VolcanOG
  17. @Wicked
  18. @X-Metal Beast - The best guy I've ever dealt with here, in terms of trading.
  19. @YakuzaFloralGangsta
  20. @zwc0442
(21. and ME, of course)!!
TOTALLY RACIST this thread is!!!!!

TOTALLY RACIST this thread is!!!!!
I was expecting an "IBTB" post from you. So happy to see you! I just sent you a message before asking if you were OK!!! HA HA HA!!

People Who Should Have “Great” Collections because they got great deals
@THEUSOKL19, @YakuzaFloralGangsta,
@"TRUMP" (Winter Springs, Florida), @X-metal, @BAPD77, @dr.chop, @Fernando, @GoldenGatePeepers, @Kashton (Don Conn), @Joseph Smith, @Lupetto, @CigarAficionado (NUMBER 2), @oakleyandi (@Zerodosquince), @PlaceholderUK (prozoneUK), @tavers, @War-metal, @Zombie55

eBay
tiletec29, bagsuk5, trixie26te, 35panda, 702rivera, 40366385@deleted, 85sloth, abandonship, adamc2008, aguila98, ar674, artpon, b370w, baboon_offer, bb22626, bookthrills, carlsabol, cmsjj, comprei_br, d_elia, d_nzorubara, davidduc867, drummer14, eblouis2011, elegantlady44, galexyloveslunar, getpaid4less-4, gm-airways, graggenheim, im_beary_cute, inspectah-dave, itstime247, iyan-82, janus20123, jenrruchitos, jons21, jsu8, kawicepticon, kev.lke.imydkat2hk, kevinmchugh52, lavictoria04, lflower92, member_177895, my91cj, nazzo2, neoishere, ngorondang, oakleyhavana, ortelius74, paul128a, plattinum192, ppenjahat, rate-us2015, roybilgepump, rronnieshopping, ryhoward, satinandlaceplace, schmoopy7777, seoulboy, shop90s, siagian_cinta, silverchanel, stuplan, ticketxtreme, tmedianet, toma422, torturedbyaliens, tranzcape2000, ubid99, w*o*o*t, wandiekasep, wazarenae88, western-union-fraud, 1000468378@deleted, 1010183211@deleted, homersimpson.09, srogers75, mp-bargain

Last edited:
I was expecting an "IBTB" post from you. So happy to see you! I just sent you a message before asking if you were OK!!! HA HA HA!!
I'm ok you ain't ok SPIDER!!!!

I'm shocked I haven't made this list. Everyone I've sent stuff to.....:cool-33:

I'm ok you ain't ok SPIDER!!!!

I'm shocked I haven't made this list. Everyone I've sent stuff to.....:cool-33:
Spider? Are you calling me a paedophile?

Anyhow, I can't put your name on the list until you've sent me at least 3 items which includes a Carbon C6 with spare rubbers and lenses, and your signature.

Latest Posts

Back