• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Sunglasses For Me?!

oakleyman

Oakley Beginner
I'm having trouble deciding between the flak jacket, fast jacket, half jacket, and the half jacket 2.0 all in xlj lenses obviously. My question is which one is the biggest as I have a medium-big face. I haven't tried them yet because I've yet to go to the oakley vault (45 minutes).

Will all these work with a larger nose piece or asian fit one? Regular oakley's don't fit me -_-

Can you post some of your flak, fast, half, and 2.0 half jackets up here? And possibly even being worn?

Of those you mentioned, Fast Jacket is the "largest", though none of them are very large. The regular size Fast lens is larger than the Half J. XLJ lens.

What you need to do is go to a store and try these models on, unless you don't mind dropping >$100 on something that might not satisfy you.

What other pairs do you own? Knowing that and possibly seeing them on your face will help us help you.

A lot of people think they have bigger heads than they really do.

The best advice is to try them on. If you're going to buy them at the Vault anyway you should go there and try them all on, ask an employee what they think, or to suggest something else that might suit you.

If you do truly have a tall and large face (as I do) none of the half frames will work and you'll need to go to a shield frame for sports.

The Fast fit the largest, but they have the worst color selection and you're forced to buy a spare lens that adds to the cost.

the half jacket is the smallest looking of the lot, and looks a shade small even on my medium head. that said, i just love the things and they're my go-to sport pair outside of my running specific Old racing jackets and water specific Water jackets.

I'm a big/fat guy (280lbs) with a reasonably round face and I have a couple of pair of half jackets and a pair of Flaks too. The Flaks definitely look and fit better and XLJ is a must because the regular lenses are too shallow.

Neil

Back