• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which would you rather have?...

What would you rather have?

• An Oakley produced 24k SAMPLE Juliet/XS with a 9/10 frame

• A CUSTOM 24k Juliet/XS with 10/10 frame

Results are only viewable after voting.
Of course everybody wants a complete oem set...But who can not afford one just pm Zach and he will make a decent custom close to the oem look.Or if you have money but not much as a complete costs, wait till a sample pop up and grab it.(samples not for everyone if you know what i mean :) )

Well, that's one way to get it. Quick question - I originally thought Oakley gold plated these. Now, I find out that isn't the case? Do you know if it's a "finish" or real 24K plating?

@Carrera1963 mentioned about the coating - maybe he can explain what the finish is...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not sure of the mechanism, it feels different to the PVD coatings I’ve encountered on watches, but could be.

Hey boys, I have your definitive answer from a guy who was checking whether it was real gold!!!
24k juliet's samples with no numbers?
20180220_141327.jpg

I remembered mentioning gold plating typically needing a copper strike so searched for that term and it only brings up a few results.

Found a copper man

There may be some gold plated pairs later in that thread, or at least it gives us a rough time frame.

To get gold played onto titanium would have to start with a woods nickel strike then either hit it with copper, polish the copper, then hit it with a quick layer of bright nickel then the gold to get it very high gloss polish with the least amount of gold applied anyway. That's my understanding of what I've researched and tried.

To get gold played onto titanium would have to start with a woods nickel strike then either hit it with copper, polish the copper, then hit it with a quick layer of bright nickel then the gold to get it very high gloss polish with the least amount of gold applied anyway. That's my understanding of what I've researched and tried.
....Woah...so it's quite an extensive process, eh!!! @NuttyOAK13Y got them done commercially for 400 pounds or something from memory!!

P.S. @Carrera1963, I checked the thread. It was all talk and no pics of 24k!!